Again the wait starts from today :)

Timeline:

Applied Online: 31 May
PP Request: 21 Jun
PP sent to LA: 21 Jun
PP received at LA: 24 Jun

canvisa2013

Jun 22, 2013
Me and my wife applied together through "family application" for a singe entry visitor visa:

5/15 - Online Application for Transit visa. Received individual confirmations for both of us.
6/10 - Request for passport for both of us
6/11 - Sent passports to New York
6/12 - Passports received in New York.
6/20 - Priority mail tracker activated
6/22 - Passports received.

Other details. It was very hard to find these things online and I saw some post about this earlier and that post was useful to me. Hope this post is useful to others :

1. I sent both of our passports in the same envelope to NY Consulate
2. I sent only ONE return envelope
3. I used PRIORITY return envelope instead of the Express one (Priority gets you the package in 2 days and costs $6 while Express gets it to you in 1 day and costs $20)
4. I have my old expired passport and a new one. I sent only my new valid passport for stamping. No need to send in all passports.

Thumsup

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 2014
Doc's Request.
18th Sept 2014
Med's Done....
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
wating
Hi Arun,

Did you send the Express envelope or Priority? My passports reached LA on 21st through the Express envelopes like most of the people do. Keep us posted when your return tracking id gets activated..i am too waiting to get back my PP :)

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
It sent it thru Express Overnight mail on Jun 21st. They tried to deliver it on Jun 22nd but since the Business location was closed, they delivered it on Jun 24th...

I am also eagerly waiting for return package to get activated. checking every now and then but still not. as per past timelines, i think it will take minimum 4 days... lets wait.. :)

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Dear friends,

Currently, I have F-1 (Student Visa) for studying in USA and i am doing M.S in MIS.I am from india.

My VISA will expire on Jan,2017. But my passport has been expired and i successfully renewed my passport with 10 more years.

So,Now i have two passports :
Cancelled Old passport with valid F-1 Visa and
New passport renewed with 10 more years.

I would like to apply for CANADA visitor visa to attend my cousin ceremony party in canada.

So,i searched on internet "how to apply for canada visa ? " , i found your website and it will be very helpful to further process it step by step.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I will get the approval...
I have only one question , When they will notify me to send passport , i need to send both passport or only new passport ??

Do we send our old passports or just the current passport ?
Do we send our old passports or just the current passport ?

Please let me know asap, it will be appreciated !

Thank you for your help :)