+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Martial Status Complicated Helpppp!!!

DavidLee

Sep 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Canada immigration FSW stream application.
I am married and my spouse is non-accompany and we have no children. My spouse is firm on not providing me with PCC and medical and there is no room for negotiation. It is very unlikely I will file for divorce or legal separation.
I did a lot of research on the forum, and my question is:
Would attach letter of explanation and waiving my right to sponsor my spouse in the future suffice to get my application through? Has anyone done this before and succeed?
I deeply appreciate your help!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I have read about a case with waiving the right to sponsor a child who is in custody of the other parent. It was complicated case and court was involved in it. But if I am an officer or a judge, it doesn't make sense to me to waive your right to sponsor your spouse. Applying for PR means that you (and your family at some point) intend to come and stay in Canada "permanently". So, how come you want to come to Canada and stay while your spouse in another country forever?!
not to mention not willing to file for separation or divorce but still choosing to live separately but to each their own. Officers might be suspicious as well. You can try asking on the family class section of the forum

Reactions: eng.ahamdi

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Canada immigration FSW stream application.
I am married and my spouse is non-accompany and we have no children. My spouse is firm on not providing me with PCC and medical and there is no room for negotiation. It is very unlikely I will file for divorce or legal separation.
I did a lot of research on the forum, and my question is:
Would attach letter of explanation and waiving my right to sponsor my spouse in the future suffice to get my application through? Has anyone done this before and succeed?
I deeply appreciate your help!
If you have spouse then you have to get his/her PCC and medicals no matter what. If you decided not to stay with him/her then you have to start separation process and provide documentation that you are in legal process of getting the divorce and you can submit your application.

Example: "If your spuose is simply crazy and scared of doctors and is not willing to go for medicals then you cannot apply for PR with her being your wife."

Reactions: btoronto