+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage option

suha

Feb 5, 2008
I have a simple question and I hope some body will help me on this matter urgently. First of all I am going to get married to my cousin in USA. I am from Canada, born and raised here. I work for a bank since last 5 years. I am also about to buy my own property. Problem is that my cousin in USA does not have documents. His visa had expired and he has overstayed for about 2 years. I am in USA at the moment and am supposed to get married in 2 months time. Can you please explain the method and process. If I get married to my illegal cousin in USA, how long can it take him to move with me to Canada.

Since I am in the US at the moment, should I file his paperwork from here only, and then go back?

I hope to receive a positive response soon. Please give me proper details. I will wait for the replies.

Kind Regards,
Suha Khan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

suha said:
I have a simple question and I hope some body will help me on this matter urgently. First of all I am going to get married to my cousin in USA. I am from Canada, born and raised here. I work for a bank since last 5 years. I am also about to buy my own property. Problem is that my cousin in USA does not have documents. His visa had expired and he has overstayed for about 2 years. I am in USA at the moment and am supposed to get married in 2 months time. Can you please explain the method and process. If I get married to my illegal cousin in USA, how long can it take him to move with me to Canada.

Since I am in the US at the moment, should I file his paperwork from here only, and then go back?

I hope to receive a positive response soon. Please give me proper details. I will wait for the replies.

Kind Regards,
Suha Khan
1. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp for the instructions on sponsorship and forms. If you are Canadian citizen, you can sponsor while residing outside Canada.
2. If your fiance was not admitted to the US for 1 year, then the application has to processed in his home country.
3. If he s/he is from a visitor visa requiring country, then you will not be able to bring him/her back to Canada.

PMM

suha

Feb 5, 2008
Hi

Appreciate the link provided by PMM. BTW thaiguy, yes he is my second cousin.

PMM, you state that if he is from a visitor visa requiring country I cannot take him back. So, would you suggest the best option is that we get married and then he leaves USA and returns to our home country, and in the meantime I should get the paperwork processed?

Please let me know PMM if this is what you meant.

Kind Regards,
Suha Khan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

suha said:
Hi

Appreciate the link provided by PMM. BTW thaiguy, yes he is my second cousin.

PMM, you state that if he is from a visitor visa requiring country I cannot take him back. So, would you suggest the best option is that we get married and then he leaves USA and returns to our home country, and in the meantime I should get the paperwork processed?

Please let me know PMM if this is what you meant.

Kind Regards,
Suha Khan
Yes.

PMM