+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba questions

North Moose

Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I'm new on here and wanted to say hi and to also thank everyone in advance.

I have been looking at the MPNP, and have also spoken with a company regarding employment.
I have many questions and hope I can get some black and white answers on here:

1) I have read that if you are in employment under MBNP you do not need to provide proof of funds, is this correct... As I have also read you need 10000CAD for me and 2k for each family member? Also can you spend this money straight away or does it have to be there on month six for PR?!

2.) I have uk car finance and am quite happy to allow my family to use the car until the agreement ends, will this go against me?

3.) My partner and new born will be with me, when can my partner work?

4.) finally (for now) best place to live for wildlife ... Is Manitoba as nice as Alberta??

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
North Moose said:
Hi, I'm new on here and wanted to say hi and to also thank everyone in advance.

I have been looking at the MPNP, and have also spoken with a company regarding employment.
I have many questions and hope I can get some black and white answers on here:

1) I have read that if you are in employment under MBNP you do not need to provide proof of funds, is this correct... As I have also read you need 10000CAD for me and 2k for each family member? Also can you spend this money straight away or does it have to be there on month six for PR?!

2.) I have uk car finance and am quite happy to allow my family to use the car until the agreement ends, will this go against me?

3.) My partner and new born will be with me, when can my partner work?

4.) finally (for now) best place to live for wildlife ... Is Manitoba as nice as Alberta??

Uwc!
*Yes u need to prove that u have 10kCAD and additional 2k for each accompany family member.
This is not necessary if u have a job offer already in the province.
Also its not advisable that u spend ur settlement fund after nomination or during PR processes. The money is meant to get u settled in Canada after..becareful as CIC has the right to ask u to provide an updated account statement at a later time.

* You and ur family members will all get Permanent resident Visa, therefore there is nothing that can hold ur wife back from working after PR.

*About wildlife....??? someone like me is after other numerous opportunities in Manitoba...The thought of wildlife is d least on my mind.

North Moose

Aug 6, 2016
Lakesyde said:
Uwc!
*Yes u need to prove that u have 10kCAD and additional 2k for each accompany family member.
This is not necessary if u have a job offer already in the province.
Also its not advisable that u spend ur settlement fund after nomination or during PR processes. The money is meant to get u settled in Canada after..becareful as CIC has the right to ask u to provide an updated account statement at a later time.

* You and ur family members will all get Permanent resident Visa, therefore there is nothing that can hold ur wife back from working after PR.

*About wildlife....??? someone like me is after other numerous opportunities in Manitoba...The thought of wildlife is d least on my mind.

Many thanks that is great information :)

omonadona

Jul 7, 2016
Hello,

Am new to this forum and I would like to find out in a situation where u are not up to the 560 above CRS point in MPNP due to lack of connection and u fall under the overseas worker, but u are an elementary school teach ( one of the NOC occupations required presently in Manitoba ) what is my next point of action. Thank you

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
omonadona said:
Hello,

Am new to this forum and I would like to find out in a situation where u are not up to the 560 above CRS point in MPNP due to lack of connection and u fall under the overseas worker, but u are an elementary school teach ( one of the NOC occupations required presently in Manitoba ) what is my next point of action. Thank you

i will advise you not to fill that job, they dont get nomination on time, teachers, nurses,

Yugene

Jul 19, 2016
Hello,

Thank you all for your help on this forum. Please, what is the difference between EOI Ranking points grid and MPNP Self-assessment Worksheet . The reason why I am asking is that while I am scored 88/100 (required is 60 points) in the later, I Scored 490/1000 in the former which is less than the last cut-off for Skilled Workers Overseas (547). What is the significance of these points on me.

Secondly, the strong connection in Manitoba is my wife's cousin but I have a higher in our IELTS and the proof of fund we will use will also be mine. Who has a better chance of being the principal applicant between me and my wife.

Thanks once more.

asifsays

Aug 2, 2016
I have received an Exploratory Visit Pre Screening Questionnaire from MPNP in July. I sent back the filled up form to them within 2 days. Is there anyone familiar with this? What are the chances of getting a invitation to visit Manitoba for the interview? Please anyone.

misscanada123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omonadona said:
Hello,

Connection to Manitoba is required for MPNP. Even if your score is above the cutoff score, without connection to Manitoba, one won't qualify. It's stated on their website.

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
omonadona said:
Hello,

Yes connection to Manitoba is the main requirement in order to stand a chance for nomination. It could be through family members or friends or through previous education or work experience. If you do not have connection tru the above, u can wait for the time Manitoba starts to accept requests for Exploratory Visits again and get Manitoba invitation as ur connection tru Strategic Recruitment initiative program.

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
hello, I don't have Connection to Manitoba and I read that you can do Exploratory Visit or get invited by Manitoba through Strategic Recruitement. Anyone can help me who did the same process and where did you apply for Exploratory Visit? Thanks