+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making my first landing in Canada

sulaiman

Jun 26, 2014
Dear all

I am planning to make my first landing in Canada on the coming September 2014 and for time being I have chosen ONTARIO however I have plan to settle in Albert province soon after my landing over there.
My question are there any restrictions for new the immigrant that they have to stay where they make their first landing for specific period?

Please advise me

Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sulaiman said:
Dear all

I am planning to make my first landing in Canada on the coming September 2014 and for time being I have chosen ONTARIO however I have plan to settle in Albert province soon after my landing over there.
My question are there any restrictions for new the immigrant that they have to stay where they make their first landing for specific period?

Please advise me

Regards
No

sulaiman

Jun 26, 2014
Dear PMM

Thanks for your clarification however, Is that means that I can leave Ontario province within a week after my landing,
Please explain for me little more.

Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
sulaiman said:
Dear PMM

Thanks for your clarification however, Is that means that I can leave Ontario province within a week after my landing,
Please explain for me little more.

Thanks
Provided you did not land as a PNP you can live anywhere in Canada you wish. You can also land anywhere you wish (with the exception of Quebec). If you landed as a PNP and then are immediately leaving you are leaving yourself open to potential loss of your PR if they ever decide to show you had no intention of living in Ontario. It would not be hard if you never settled or attempted to settle at all.

The only difficulty you are going to cause yourself by leaving immediately is the receipt of your first PR Card. You will need to give your landing officer an address to have it mailed to.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Alurra71 said:
Provided you did not land as a PNP you can live anywhere in Canada you wish. You can also land anywhere you wish (with the exception of Quebec). If you landed as a PNP and then are immediately leaving you are leaving yourself open to potential loss of your PR if they ever decide to show you had no intention of living in Ontario. It would not be hard if you never settled or attempted to settle at all.

The only difficulty you are going to cause yourself by leaving immediately is the receipt of your first PR Card. You will need to give your landing officer an address to have it mailed to.
At the time of landing, is it okay to give another province's address to receive the PR card and health card?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
sharedknowledge said:
At the time of landing, is it okay to give another province's address to receive the PR card and health card?
The health card would be no because you need to apply for your health card based on the province you intend to live in. Either way, you will have to wait until you 'settle' to apply for your health card.

I don't think there should be an issue with you giving another address for mailing of your PR card. Of course, if you don't know where you plan to live yet, isn't that going to hinder your ability to give them an address?

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Alurra71 said:
The health card would be no because you need to apply for your health card based on the province you intend to live in. Either way, you will have to wait until you 'settle' to apply for your health card.

I don't think there should be an issue with you giving another address for mailing of your PR card. Of course, if you don't know where you plan to live yet, isn't that going to hinder your ability to give them an address?
Thanks, Alurra.