+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low-skill worker

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally no, you can have a visa for 2 years as a low skilled but then you have to leave for 4 months. However, in AB and BC, the provincial nominee programs list some semi-skilled jobs such as hotel cleaner etc. and if you could get in on that, you qualify to apply for PR.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
That is correct Leon,We take Cleaners,Fastfood Workers,Kitchen helpers,housekeepers and many other semi skilled workers

honeybabes

Aug 19, 2008
what if i am now working in ontario and i was given a working visa under low-skill program of two years, do i still need to leave canada and re-apply for another contract? or can i just apply for my PR after my two years contract?

BCguy doesn't this reflect to your last posting about temporary worker here in Canada? "not leaving to their home country for 4 months and can apply for PR right away"

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not qualify to apply for PR after 2 years on a low skilled visa in Ontario but you can apply to the PNP in BC or AB. If you got a job offer from one of those provinces and were accepted into the PNP in that province, you would move there, work there and apply for your PR through that.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Leon is very correct,Thats because We need labour badly in BC,We dont have the unemployment problems of ontario