+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost job after 13 months in Canada - Applying for Express Entry while unemployed

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hello,

I have just ended my 13 month contract and moving to different province. I waiting for my IELTS score now. Hopefully I will get it enough and receive ITA. Meanwhile, it may take a while for me to get a new job. Does anyone thing it has an impact on my express entry? (Both moving and also being unemployed while getting ITA)

Any help would be appreciated.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,

I have just ended my 13 month contract and moving to different province. I waiting for my IELTS score now. Hopefully I will get it enough and receive ITA. Meanwhile, it may take a while for me to get a new job. Does anyone thing it has an impact on my express entry? (Both moving and also being unemployed while getting ITA)

You can still meet the CEC requirement but you have to meet POF requirement if you will be unemployed by the time you will file AOR. If you will get the Job on NOC 0, A, B then you will be waived from POF requirement.

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
You can still meet the CEC requirement but you have to meet POF requirement if you will be unemployed by the time you will file AOR. If you will get the Job on NOC 0, A, B then you will be waived from POF requirement.
This is great information. Thank you very much. A friend of mine suggested the same. I am more clear now getting opinion from multiple individuals.

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello,

absolutely nothing. you are good to go.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Source?

harissuhail

May 14, 2019
It’s 3:00am here in Chicago when I am writing you this after reading almost your every thread from 2014 to 2018. I may sound a stalker but I am not, I am also in the same situation you were in 2014. I’ve been an international student for almost 8 years in the USA, and have finished my Bachelor and Master both. Now, I am planning to move to Canada just like you, I am sick of this tiring/exhausting US immigration system and now want to settle in my life as quickly as possible. Because, you have already gone through all this hassle and hopefully have settled successfully in Canada. Could you please write a post from beginning to the end explaining the whole process step by step? People like me will be highly obliged to you. Thanks & Regards,