+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for room to rent in Halifax

famous61

Apr 21, 2010
Hi guys,

Do you know anyone or any place where i can rent a room in Halifax area? I came across following websites for renting a house,

capreitdotnet
realstardotca

but i am not sure whether it is going to work because from previous forums i understand that to rent a house in canada, you must give reference to landlord and also should have credit history. But for new immigrants, we cant provide such information.

So, please advice on this.

Thanks.

ms_shelby

Jun 3, 2010
dear famous61

I presume you must be in Halifax by now. I'd like to know your experience in looking for room to rent in the area. We're moving to HALIFAX by August this year.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check this out

http://www.247apartments.com/rentals/Nova-Scotia/Halifax.asp

I'd also like to know your experience in looking for room to rent in the area.

famous61

Apr 21, 2010
Hi ms_shelby,

Yes, i am in halifax now. Initially when i reached halifax in the month of june 2010 i was staying in citadel hotel (its a cheapest hotel when compared to others) for 4 days. Within this 4 days i searched for house in website (kijiji), then managed to contact the landlord, went and viewed the house immediately and gave the deposit and first month rent, got the house from 1st of july onwards. Finding house is quite easier. So, within a week you should be able to find a place for rent. Renting single bedroom is quite difficult as there are so many people in the waiting list. Easier to get 2 bedroom and rent the other to your friends. Hope this helps