+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for advice from people that have gone through customs at Pearson Airport

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
After four months of being apart my fiance and I decided to fly me to Toronto in three weeks for two months so that we can visit and at least spend new years and Valentines day together. The last time I drove across the border I ended up with a visitor record for no reason other than the IO accused me of lying even though I was not. I think he gave me the visitor record out of pure frustration but I complied with it. I have since been away from Canada not wanting to get hassled again. However we have been waiting for a waiver to the US for my fiance and it has not come.
So since I have that little blue stamp on my passport do you think I will have an issue even though I will have a return ticket for two to three months later? Also I cant prove job ties since I am a sub contractor but I will be leaving my two children with my parents for part of my visit so would a letter of care of my children during my visit count as ties to return?
Just wondering exactly what I should have as proof of returning......