+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver "Old Pathway" PR applicants for May 2017 timelines

Discussion in 'Foreign Workers' started by joeythecat, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Hello,

My fiancée, soon to be my wife in 4 days! applied for PR through the old live-in caregiver pathway as single. Below is our timeline. Please if anyone else applied, share your timeline as well so we can see when we should be expecting an approval!

this is our timeline so far

May 18th - sent OWP/PR Applications
    May 24th - CIC received (according to canadapost)
    July 19th - CIC opened OWP/PR and started processing
    July 31st - OWP approved
    Aug 4th - OWP received in mail

This is a painful wait as we just want to start our life together as well as start a family.

2. Still in process from April 2017???

3. Well here is my timeline.

January 17, 2017 - Mailed my application for PR and OWP
    February 20, 2017 - Received my open permit
    July 28, 2017 - Received my eligibility letter for PR. Now I'm waiting for the medical and background checks instructions.

This is only I can share.
    And also, I got married last August but still not informing the CIC of my marital status because our marriage certificate is still in the process at Statistics. Because base on others, once you inform the CIC, they will ask you the marriage certificate from Statistics. Anyone here who has an idea about adding dependents?

4. Any update from your application?

5. Any updates in your application?

6. We are still waiting for the PR to be completed. To comment on the post about marriage, we actually just got married last week and do not intend to inform CIC of the change, I think it will hold up the process. After the PR we can inform them I guess. Can anyone comment?

7. No. I am wondering as its been 6month can i call CIC to enquire when eligibilty letter is expected to be sent out?

In the USA they give time line to follow through each stage and you can call if certain documents at certain stages have not been received

joeythecat likes this.
  8. I would call and see what they say. I was thinking that we should be getting this in the 5-6 month range.