+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Liive in Hamilton but Application sent to Mississauga , Why ?

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
hi all,

how can i chose different VO,

i live in Hamilton and i started working in Guelph ,ontario

my application was received on feb 6, it is in IP now,

Just called IRCC and they said , file is under security check, any idea how long this will take ?

she said ,no further documents required now, does this mean no finger print request for me ?

Most Important thing IRCC agent said was, my file has been transfered to mississauga.

i was not happy to hear that, especially i read in this forum that mississauaga is known for snail slow procssing times.

i told the agent, that i live in hamilton, and address is shown on ecas is in hamilton, why app is in mississauga, she said ,it doesnt matter where, it will be processed same, but invite will be don in hamilton.

does this mean the processing time will be based on hamilton office or mississauaga..!!

i might move to guelph, and will change my address on ecas.

if that happens, agent said , my application will be sent to kitchener office,

is that faster visa office than mississauaga and hamilton.!!

Last edited:

Ninjashadow

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
I can’t comment on the entire process however my experience at Hamilton office was awesome.

My file was transferred from Edmonton > Scarborough>Hamilton

Test date was on May 2 2019
Staff was extremely helpful now I have test date in June 4 2019 at Hamilton office

Hope it helps

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
I can’t comment on the entire process however my experience at Hamilton office was awesome.

My file was transferred from Edmonton > Scarborough>Hamilton

Test date was on May 2 2019
Staff was extremely helpful now I have test date in June 4 2019 at Hamilton office

Hope it helps
thx for the reply,

can u share ur timeline?

do u live in hamilton and that is why ur file was transfered from edmonton to hamilton!?

i just contacted IRCC and they said my file has been transfered to Mississauga but if test invite is sent ,it will be to hamilton local office.

so, after u made the exam, was ur app processed by scarborough again or hamilton.

thx

Reactions: Ninjashadow

Ninjashadow

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
May 21 2018 -APP SENT
May 25- App Recieved
Aug 9- AOR
Aug 28- In process
Dec 12 - First test date missed requested to change from Edmonton to Burlington Address
Jan 26 - File transferred to Scarborough office
May 2 - Test done at Hamilton
May 9 - Oath invitation June 4 Hamilton

Moved from Edmonton to Burlington ON, they transferred my file to Scarborough and it was processed at Scarborough office and transferred to Hamilton for test and Oath

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
May 21 2018 -APP SENT
May 25- App Recieved
Aug 9- AOR
Aug 28- In process
Dec 12 - First test date missed requested to change from Edmonton to Burlington Address
Jan 26 - File transferred to Scarborough office
May 2 - Test done at Hamilton
May 9 - Oath invitation June 4 Hamilton

Moved from Edmonton to Burlington ON, they transferred my file to Scarborough and it was processed at Scarborough office and transferred to Hamilton for test and Oath

Hmmm,

thank you a lot for sharing ur timeline,

it appears there is big date gab between in process and the test invite.
ur test invite in edmonton took 4 months,
and 5 months in scarborough,

wooow total 9 months waiting,

i wonder why it take them long time to send invite, is it related to queue for applicants that are geographically near ttest centers !!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hmmm,

thank you a lot for sharing ur timeline,

it appears there is big date gab between in process and the test invite.
ur test invite in edmonton took 4 months,
and 5 months in scarborough,

wooow total 9 months waiting,

i wonder why it take them long time to send invite, is it related to queue for applicants that are geographically near ttest centers !!
9 months of waiting is really nothing... not to mention it was for 2 test invites combined
Many people in GTA area took almost a year for just one test invite. I waited for 16 months for mine

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
9 months of waiting is really nothing... not to mention it was for 2 test invites combined
Many people in GTA area took almost a year for just one test invite. I waited for 16 months for mine

16 months...!!!!. that is insane.

so is the delay in processing citizenship maily due to limited seats for test centers, is that why a lot of people got In process and wait for extended times..!!

do u have any insight why my file would be transfered to mississauga while i live in Hamilton and work in Guelph...!!

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

so is the delay in processing citizenship maily due to limited seats for test centers, is that why a lot of people got In process and wait for extended times..!!

do u have any insight why my file would be transfered to mississauga while i live in Hamilton and work in Guelph...!!
You guys have to realize that even 16 months of processing time, put in balance against the benefits of having Canadian citizenship for the rest of your life, is not that big of a deal. Sure, the variance between the fastest processing times (based on 2018 data, around 5 months) and the slowest processing times (seemingly over 18 months) can be improved, but to claim that it is insane is really uncalled for.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
You guys have to realize that even 16 months of processing time, put in balance against the benefits of having Canadian citizenship for the rest of your life, is not that big of a deal. Sure, the variance between the fastest processing times (based on 2018 data, around 5 months) and the slowest processing times (seemingly over 18 months) can be improved, but to claim that it is insane is really uncalled for.
it might not be big deal for u,but it is for others who have different lives than yours.

it is insane, when you are required to be living for 3 years physically in canada, while ur family not here and also stay one and half year to process the documents.

Reactions: Havilah and itsmyid

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

well if you think my 16-month to get test invite was insane, imagine 3 more months till DM/oath, more than 6 years since I moved to Canada... but there are people who applied around the same time as I did in Oct 2017 and still haven't got any test invite yet.

The transfer seems to happen more and more often these days, my own file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough after over a year - my address is in downtown Toronto and never lived in either Mississauga or Scarborough - it has less to do with where you live than with how they re-distribute workload, as we have seen more and more on this forum, including your own case

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
it might not be big deal for u,but it is for others who have different lives than yours.

it is insane, when you are required to be living for 3 years physically in canada, while ur family not here and also stay one and half year to process the documents.
Canada's requirements are relatively mild compared to the USA or European countries such as the UK, France and Germany. Just as an example, you have to reside at least 5 years in order to be eligible for the naturalization process in the UK and France (in the case of France, you need to have a Carte de Sejour, which is the equivalent of the Green Card here). The same naturalization process requires that you live 8 years as a resident in Germany in order to be eligible (Germany has a residence permit, which is similar to the Permanent Resident card in Canada). The USA requires that you be a Green Card holder for 5 years before being eligible for US citizenship.

Canada is only asking that you be in the country for 3 years out of the last 5 years before you applied. That is mild, you need to be aware of what other countries demand before they consider granting citizenship to anyone. Some countries don't even offer a path-way to citizenship. Canada is pretty welcoming in that regard. Can the process can be made smoother and be harmonized so that there is less variance between the fastest and slowest processing time ? Absolutely it can. Are the requirements set out for obtaining citizenship insane ? Not by any stretch.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Canada's requirements are relatively mild compared to the USA or European countries such as the UK, France and Germany. Just as an example, you have to reside at least 5 years in order to be eligible for the naturalization process in the UK and France (in the case of France, you need to have a Carte de Sejour, which is the equivalent of the Green Card here). The same naturalization process requires that you live 8 years as a resident in Germany in order to be eligible (Germany has a residence permit, which is similar to the Permanent Resident card in Canada). The USA requires that you be a Green Card holder for 5 years before being eligible for US citizenship.

Canada is only asking that you be in the country for 3 years out of the last 5 years before you applied. That is mild, you need to be aware of what other countries demand before they consider granting citizenship to anyone. Some countries don't even offer a path-way to citizenship. Canada is pretty welcoming in that regard. Can the process can be made smoother and be harmonized so that there is less variance between the fastest and slowest processing time ? Absolutely it can. Are the requirements set out for obtaining citizenship insane ? Not by any stretch.

official processing time when i applied was 12 months , i know friends who done the oath within 10 months,

and it is insane to reach 16 months just to get test invite.

anyhow, if u can answer questions i asked in this thread, u welcome, otherwise I wont be involved in a useless rheotics .

Reactions: Havilah

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

The OP was only complaining about the long processing time, not the residency requirement that you have been arguing about and citing other countries's requirement for comparison... besides, 'insane' is just an expression that people use on the street or on TV all the time, even a cup of coffee could be 'insane' either in terms of its taste or price, no need to get offended so easily here