+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of explanation

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
do you guys think this is decent enough? Basically i will be taking an academic upgrading course which is 14 months long so I can meet the requirements for NAIT (uni in edmonton for petroleum engineering)

To whom it may concern/Dear ________/,

As a twenty-one-year-old young man, there are many opportunities for me to reinvent myself into a person I want to become -- one that is educated, successful and an overall better human being. As a native Finn, I spent my final years in school training to become a plumber at Inveon, a vocational school in Finland. Although I have successfully graduated and actually found a possible long-term career in the field, I have decided that in order to reach my own long-term goals, I would have to find a new livelihood, which meant further education.

However, such opportunities to begin anew are rare in Finland, and even if I were able to achieve such a goal in my native country, it would be inferior to any form of education I could receive in Canada.
Therefore, I hope you will accept me into your country to further my education to take an academic upgrading course to meet my academic requirements in order to study to become a petroleum engineer. Although this does not coincide with my original education, I believe my hands-on experience will enable me to excel in this field, which would allow me to solve problems through a different lens that those with only a classroom education may not be able to consider.

The petroleum industry in Finland has been growing exponentially for years, and a career within this field is not only lucrative but also rewarding, as those who work in this field provide a daily necessity to the rest of Finland and Europe as a whole. Due to its rapid expansion, such jobs are relatively easy to come by when qualified, but unfortunately, there are not many schools in Finland that offer such courses, so many of these jobs remain unfilled.

Due to my close family ties and well-off parents who also live in Finland, I would be able to support myself financially, which would include the expenses of my entire tuition.

I hope you will take my application into consideration. If you would like to contact me for more information, please feel free to do so.

Sincerely/Yours Truly,
Fred
Phone #
Address (optional)