+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment and Employment Records

Feb 19, 2021
Hello @lostinquebec , can you please advice me regarding my query, while answering do you have valid job offer in express entry i wrote yes and answered all further questions accordingly And got ITA , but it did not gave me any points at that time but now i realized the answer to this Should be no. But even stating no in pr application my score remains same Because i’m not fetching any points for LMIA. I got confused at the time of submitting express entry and continued with yes. So what i can do now?
I have also done the same mistake. What did you do to solve this? Would you help me?

diante

Aug 29, 2019
Hi I have question for employment records only I have a certified translate what I did how many months I worked and hours in that company but not t4 cause my old job was in another country and they didn’t provide t4 or paystubs and can it be problem ? If I only upload experience letter can it be okey ? Your knowledge will help . Thank you

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I am also not sure. I am going to attach reference letter in both the section. In Employee Record section I would attach reference letter, pay slip and T4.
In Letter of Employment section, I would attach Reference letter + Offer Letter. My Reference letter is issue after the Offer start date...

It would be helpful if anyone applied in this stream and got his PR can suggest.
did you get your PR?

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I have a similar scenario:
I am CEC working on an ICT LMIA exempt Closed work permit.
I have got a job offer letter (which states 1-year employment post PR clause) from the same employer. (claiming 50 additional pts. though didn't really need it.)
I have got another letter (reference/ job verification) letter which also states everything about my current job without the 1-year clause statement.
Now the problem is what to upload in Letter of Employment.

I believe I should also go on the same route.

Offer Letter ==> Offer letter (which states 1-year employment post PR clause)
Letter of Employment ==> Reference/Job Verification Letter + Offer Letter
Employment Records ==> Reference/Job Verification Letter + T4 + Payslips + Appraisal letters + etc.

Please let me know if someone in the past has faced a similar situation. I believe it should be fine but would like to know if someone got PR following the same.

Thanks.
did you get your PR?

mtk87

Jul 29, 2023
Hello I am a doctor and I have trained and worked in 4 different hospitals. Whom do I need to take employment records letter from. Should this be the HR lead of the institute or the immediate supervisor/program director of the training institute. Please guide.
Also the record of employment section asks to upload all records of an employment period as a single file so is it possible to upload multiple files in one tab on the portal for work permit application.
Furthermore would a letter of employment would suffice as a proof if I don't have pay stubs available to hand as the details also mention that any of two can be uploaded.

Ju87

Dec 26, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
QSW
Hello @lostinquebec , can you please advice me regarding my query, while answering do you have valid job offer in express entry i wrote yes and answered all further questions accordingly And got ITA , but it did not gave me any points at that time but now i realized the answer to this Should be no. But even stating no in pr application my score remains same Because i’m not fetching any points for LMIA. I got confused at the time of submitting express entry and continued with yes. So what i can do now?
I don't think you did anything wrong. I am on post graduate open work permit and answered yes to the job offer question, yes to currently working in Canada and indicated that I do not have LMIA. Answering yes to that question without an LMIA didn't give any additional point. I got ITA on 15th and will be submitting my profile. I have friends who gave the same responses and have received approval.