+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving canada without physically recieving the PR card

anaesthetist

Mar 16, 2012
Dear All ... I will be coming to canada late march on an immigrant visa but am required to head back to my home country before I will get my PR card. Is that within canadian law. also if I do head back to my home country, how may I recieve my PR card. will I need to travel back to canada on a travel document or can someone bring my PR card for me.

Also as I am a family of 3, do i need to bring in 17000 $ or is a bank statement sufficient.

Thank u

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anaesthetist said:
Dear All ... I will be coming to canada late march on an immigrant visa but am required to head back to my home country before I will get my PR card. Is that within canadian law. also if I do head back to my home country, how may I recieve my PR card. will I need to travel back to canada on a travel document or can someone bring my PR card for me.

Also as I am a family of 3, do i need to bring in 17000 $ or is a bank statement sufficient.

Thank u
1. If you supply a Canadian address, the PR card will be mailed to that address. Then the card can be sent by courier to you.
2. Bank statement is fine as long as it is a convertible currency.

anaesthetist

Mar 16, 2012
Thank u for the post.

regarding your answers, do I need to tell the immigration officer that I plan to go back before I recieve my PR card. or should I just let this little detail pass.

what do u mean by convertible money. I read somewhere u need to at least have the amount that is required to immigrate. Kindly comment. I plan to leave 21st.

Thank u

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anaesthetist said:
Thank u for the post.

regarding your answers, do I need to tell the immigration officer that I plan to go back before I recieve my PR card. or should I just let this little detail pass.

what do u mean by convertible money. I read somewhere u need to at least have the amount that is required to immigrate. Kindly comment. I plan to leave 21st.

Thank u
1. If you aren't asked, don't mention it.
2. The proof of "settlement funds" has to be in currency that can be exchanged in Canada. For example North Korean Won are not exchangeable in Canada.

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
good day! I just want to ask about my permanent residency card status, because I stay in canada for just 1 month to get my PR card, I arrive in Canada last august 27, 2011 and I return to the Philippines without getting my PR card because I am studying, i leave Canada last october 3, 2011, my parents told me that my PR card is mailed to them last october 2011, is it okay if they will mailed it to me from canada to philippines?
and also I am still here in Philippines, that means that I stay much longer outside canada, I am planning to go back in canada on july 2012 after my board exam, could this affect my status as a permanent resident?
I am hoping for your immediate response... thank you and God bless!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

riva21 said:
good day! I just want to ask about my permanent residency card status, because I stay in canada for just 1 month to get my PR card, I arrive in Canada last august 27, 2011 and I return to the Philippines without getting my PR card because I am studying, i leave Canada last october 3, 2011, my parents told me that my PR card is mailed to them last october 2011, is it okay if they will mailed it to me from canada to philippines?
and also I am still here in Philippines, that means that I stay much longer outside canada, I am planning to go back in canada on july 2012 after my board exam, could this affect my status as a permanent resident?
I am hoping for your immediate response... thank you and God bless!
1. I suggest they courier it, less chance of it getting lost.
2. No, as long as you meet the 2 years residency in every 5 year period.

ardalan

May 27, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

1. If you aren't asked, don't mention it.
2. The proof of "settlement funds" has to be in currency that can be exchanged in Canada. For example North Korean Won are not exchangeable in Canada.
Hi,
Regard your first answer, if asked can we just mention at least 5 months (but in actual its only for say 36 days)?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardalan said:
Hi,
Regard your first answer, if asked can we just mention at least 5 months (but in actual its only for say 36 days)?
"undecided" would be a better answer!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auie09 said:
Has anybody experienced
Leaving Canada without PR card and the PR card didn't arrive?
Yes, there are many cases in this forum. You can search for examples here!

auie09

Mar 29, 2011
steaky said:
Yes, there are many cases in this forum. You can search for examples here!
I am also arriving in Canada but need to go out within 1 month and come back again. Are there cases that PR cards didnt arrive in the home address and has to reapply again ?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont "reapply". Most of the time if this happens its because the photos you supplied dont meet specifications. If thats the case they ask you to go in with photos. Not sure if you can mail them, doubt it though.

You can enter Canada by land from USA without PR card.

Worst case you can apply for travel document, which is another name for a visa for your case. Shouldnt be a problem getting it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And once you are back in Canada either via land border or with a travel document, you can apply for a replacement card if you never got yours. You are already a PR so you don't have to do the whole application again. For a replacement card, you pay $50, get new photos and wait around 3 months.