+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after filing PR application

Cebu03

Apr 2, 2006
1. I am about to file my application for PR. Am I allowed to go on a vacation after I filed? If I am allowed, should I get a canadian visa?

2. If you are not allowed to go out of Canada, what if in case of emergency you have to go home to your mother country what you should do?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Cebu03 said:
1. I am about to file my application for PR. Am I allowed to go on a vacation after I filed? If I am allowed, should I get a canadian visa?

2. If you are not allowed to go out of Canada, what if in case of emergency you have to go home to your mother country what you should do?
1. CIC warns applicants of in-Canada applications that they should not leave Canada during the processing as there is no quarantee that they will be readmitted. This especially holds true for those applicants who require a visitor visa to enter Canada. It is unlikely that an overseas office will issue a TRV to an in-Canada applicant to return to Canada.
If you have to return to your home country, then you take the chance the in-Canada will be refused and a out of Canada app would have to be submitted.

PMM

PMM