+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Requirements - CEC

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Anyone who is applying under CEC and is not taking the IELTS and is submitting written proof of their language ability, should read the following Operational Bulletin. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob166.asp

For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, visa officers will only be required to consider the evidence of language proficiency provided at the time of application. If the applicant chooses to provide other written evidence of language proficiency, the proof submitted must clearly demonstrate that they meet the language proficiency claimed for FSW or required for CEC. If the evidence provided is not sufficient, FSW applicants will only be awarded the number of points demonstrated by the material submitted, and CEC applicants may have their applications refused if the minimum requirement has not been demonstrated.

The instruction in section 10.10 of OP 6 [PDF, 280 Kb] to the effect that visa officers will offer applicants a second chance to submit conclusive evidence of language proficiency, i.e. an assessment by a designated organization or institution, will not apply to applications received on or after April 10, 2010. OP 25 [PDF, 255 Kb] will also be amended to reflect this administrative change.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sohail2b said:
PMM, can you please share your contact no. I would like to speak to you.

sohail2b @ gmail.com
You can send me a personal email through the forum.