+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
Folks

I have landed in Canada via Queenstown-Lewinston bridge and became a PR.The process is very smooth and straight forward. From the US side there is nobody checking who is going out.From the Canadian side, there will be a customs offier at the checkpoint.She directed me to immigation building.The whole immigration (landing) process and customs took 15 minutes.Make sure you take all the douments

-COPR
-Passports (with Canadian PR visa)
-Proof of funds (Original Bank Letter)
-Forms B4 and B4A for customs

The immigration officer asked me whether I'm moving now. I told him that I'm landing and going back to USA in few days.I provided my cousin's address in Toronto. However he told me that they will not be sending PR cards now.He instructed me that they will provide the PR card at a later date once I move to Canada.

Coming back to US side (via rainbow bridge) is a breeze.The process took less than 5 minutes. I'm inside US before I knew and searching for I-190 to go back to Buffalo airport :)

Is there any way I can apply for PR card right now. I can provide my cousin's address.

Thanks for all people for all the help (esp for PMM)

Thanks
Amisha & Sam

Thanks

2moms2bc

Star Member
May 1, 2005
Saint Paul, MN
I hope somebody with info posts to this. This is the first I've seen of someone not being permitted to have cards mailed. Is this bc this person admitted that s/he was returning? It's my understanding that if you don't have the PR card when you try to go back you'll have problems unless you have the other forms (I forget what they're called) that authorize your return.

I look forward to seeing someone with the "scoop" posting here! Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tinag said:
Folks

I have landed in Canada via Queenstown-Lewinston bridge and became a PR.The process is very smooth and straight forward. From the US side there is nobody checking who is going out.From the Canadian side, there will be a customs offier at the checkpoint.She directed me to immigation building.The whole immigration (landing) process and customs took 15 minutes.Make sure you take all the douments

-COPR
-Passports (with Canadian PR visa)
-Proof of funds (Original Bank Letter)
-Forms B4 and B4A for customs

The immigration officer asked me whether I'm moving now. I told him that I'm landing and going back to USA in few days.I provided my cousin's address in Toronto. However he told me that they will not be sending PR cards now.He instructed me that they will provide the PR card at a later date once I move to Canada.

Coming back to US side (via rainbow bridge) is a breeze.The process took less than 5 minutes. I'm inside US before I knew and searching for I-190 to go back to Buffalo airport :)

Is there any way I can apply for PR card right now. I can provide my cousin's address.

Thanks for all people for all the help (esp for PMM)

Thanks
Amisha & Sam

Thanks
The IO was being a P***k, the is nothing in the Act/Regs about not processing the PR card and sending it to an address in Canada as long as it not a PO box. So you can beat the system give CIC the address on line.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify&lang=en

PMM

tinag

Sep 12, 2006
Thanks PMM>

But this is an address notification form. Once I submit my new Canadian Home address, will they send the PR card automatically?

Thanks