+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landed in a place different from the residence address

elevid

May 18, 2012
Hi,

I'll land at the end of July at Toronto Airport, but my residence address will be in Ottawa.The flight ticket from Italy is much cheaper if we land in Toronto instead of Ottawa:
1) Do I have to do the immigration procedure at Toronto Airport? Can I have some problem with the officer if I write the address of our relative in Ottawa for the delivery of PR?
2) We'll land at 8.15 pm....shall we find the Immigration service office still opened? on the Toronto airport's website I found that Immigration office hours are from 8:00 to Midnight, is it correct?
3) If I have to do the procedure there, do you think is it possible to book directly a flight to Ottawa on the same evening, or better to buy the domestic flight ticket after I finish everything?

Thank you very much

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. If you land in Toronto first, then you have to do landing there. Address no relevant

2. Office is open as long as flights are coming in. If not where would people go???

3. book the flight to Ottawa.. with 2 hours of landing time in between flights. Should be enough, depending on how many people do their immigration that day, that time..

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
mikenz said:
3. book the flight to Ottawa.. with 2 hours of landing time in between flights. Should be enough, depending on how many people do their immigration that day, that time..
One note about this... my wife landed in Toronto. The landing itself took about 10 minutes. The problem was the lines. She spent more than an hour waiting in various lines - first to get to see a CBSA agent and the second during secondary baggage inspection. I think a 2 hour layover is risky because of that. It really depends on how busy the airport is.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
keesio said:
One note about this... my wife landed in Toronto. The landing itself took about 10 minutes. The problem was the lines. She spent more than an hour waiting in various lines - first to get to see a CBSA agent and the second during secondary baggage inspection. I think a 2 hour layover is risky because of that. It really depends on how busy the airport is.
Second this. You will want at least 3 hours as a minimum. Remember you will likely have to switch terminals within the airport as well as collect baggage, clear customs, immigration and landing.

Given you arrive at 8:15pm you may want to consider waiting until the next morning? It's up to you of course.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Fully agree with Matt the Aussie. Line ups at YYZ can be brutal especially around 8pm as you will have several cross Atlantic flights coming in at the same time. Once you have landed, collect you bags and cleared customs, you will have to enter domestic terminal, which includes security. If it was me, I would spend the night at YYZ (there are several airport hotels around in all price ranges), relax and get a morning flight to Ottawa.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GK said:
Fully agree with Matt the Aussie. Line ups at YYZ can be brutal especially around 8pm as you will have several cross Atlantic flights coming in at the same time. Once you have landed, collect you bags and cleared customs, you will have to enter domestic terminal, which includes security. If it was me, I would spend the night at YYZ (there are several airport hotels around in all price ranges), relax and get a morning flight to Ottawa.
Agree. Allow at least 3 or 4 hours or better next day.

elevid

May 18, 2012
Yes, I'm going to book a room for the night. We'll travel also with two kids....we'll be tired at 8 pm already.....thank you all :)