November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
WaitingSince2012 said:
Your story made me cry like a baby, I couldn't help the tears. I myself have been fighting this battle for 4 years now and I have had my heart broken in the process. But your story is an inspiration for me to keep fighting and never give up. I know the end is near. Thank you so much for sharing. I am so very happy for you and your hubby.
May i ask why you had to wait since 2012. Just wondering cause i am so scared that i will have to wait that long. I miss him.

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
rolinks said:
Hello Everyone:

Our Story:
I have been absent for a while and with great reason—really being on the site gave me some great information and support but it brought me much sadness when I see how some folks behave in light of seeing other folks with less processing time getting through.
And at times it is not always positive- over time I feel myself getting more depressed and therefore chose to disconnect and let GOD.
I promised myself once my husband got through this process we would share our stories so that it will encourage, comfort and educate those who are going through the phrase.
f

:p :-X :-* :eek:
First of all CONGRATS!! I'm so happy to hear your husband arrived safety and you two can now be together on a daily basis.

Secondly THANK YOU for acknowledging something that has been effecting me as well. I do not post as much as I would have if this board had remained as positive as it had been when I started. This process is hard on everyone but there is no reason for some of the negative comments that are made.

Again congrats and best of luck to you and your husband!

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Spartabarbiie said:
Thank you so much! I'm heading home soon Wish I was bringing my hubby with me Our son knows him now and it's going to be so hard to leave. I have been here for 6 weeks. I agree about the website, it is terrible, if they don't want people hounding them constantly they should do updates more frequently and more efficiently in my opinion. Hope all goes smoothly for you! Take care! Nice to see others going through the same thing and having people to talk to and look for support through. ☺
No problem, we're all in this together. I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend quality time with hubby, and your son got to have that time with daddy. Family is so important to me. I just want everyone to be united. Life's too short.

canjamdiva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
File Transfer...
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
Someone said macaroni pie and bbq chicken??!!

Today is my 6 month wedding anniversary, I know it's not a real anniversary but I think folks here will be some of the only ones who get what it's like to get married and then have to leave your spouse to be at the mercy of a bureaucratic process.

I spent the day moving thints around the house making space for the stuff I've been picking up for him here and there, it's weird I know but the thought of some of his stuff being in my room is giving me some hope that at least it's a shorter wait today than it was yesterday.

I hope and pray our visa officers got to spend a good Sunday with their families and realize how important it is to have each other close. Keep the momentum of these last few weeks going. I'm hopefully hubby will be here for our 1st year anniversary together.

All the best to everyone for a safe and hopeful week ahead

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
rolinks said:
Hello Everyone:

Our Story:
I have been absent for a while and with great reason—really being on the site gave me some great information and support but it brought me much sadness when I see how some folks behave in light of seeing other folks with less processing time getting through.
And at times it is not always positive- over time I feel myself getting more depressed and therefore chose to disconnect and let GOD.
I promised myself once my husband got through this process we would share our stories so that it will encourage, comfort and educate those who are going through the phrase.
My Story:
My tale started in 2011 when I first applied for my husband – with over a year in the process and no response from cic I cancelled the application in 2013 as we had some family issues that required immediate attention. Believe me the idea was to put it on hold but there was no such step.
In 2014 after all was resolved and the family matters were are taken care of freeing us to resume our lives, I put the application back in place November 2014- I thought because we were so far in the initial process and explaining cause for the cancellation which was critical would allow some compassion in escalating our file, no such luck. We started from scratch just like a new file. It has been a long process and a heart wrenching one- my husband and I have been together 10+years and we have a great family so it has been tough being apart when we spent 4 to 5 times per year together and over time got very costly. After reaching this site in September of 2015 on some advice I reached out to immigration to extend medical and receive a response of interview instead – not surprised as I did not send too much evidence of relationship in with the second application as I assumed they would use it from the first one- needless to say that was not the case.
The interview was scheduled for Nov. 19, 2015- a week before that date the VO contacted my husband and rescheduled the interview for January 21, 2016. I was so mad and hurt by their inconsiderate decision especially the BS line that they mentioned about circumstances beyond their control. I had plans to be in my husband on my birthday for xmas etc in my home for once but it was not meant to be. This would be the first Christmas we would be apart as I did not plan to travel thinking otherwise. It was the worst xmas ever but I must say it flew by and the interview rolled around.

The interview Process:
For me first there was the preparation once the letter was received and the request for additional information and evidence of communication and such I went to work.
I collected evidence of our union over the years from regular day to day photos plus a few mildly intimate ones of moments we shared from our walks on the beach to just sleeping in each other’s arms that our daughter captured, skype chat 5 years’ worth of transcript, what’s app, yahoo, etc. In addition to that my husband wrote a 15 page document- detailing our relationship from the moment we met up to current date- his vision of our love through his eyes. Needless to say I still read it sometimes and it bring tears to my eyes and I fall in love with him all over again.
The hard part, I looked up the list of questions online and we would role play every other day with me in the role of the immigration officer – ensuring he had answers- details answers to every questions on the list and I came up with additional ones to challenge him as well surrounding any red flags throughout our history that I think they might draw on to make sure there was no possibility of him being blindsided- this was a difficult process as when I did not hear what I wanted I really pushed him to the limit and took my role really serious in this matter. There were tearful moment frustrating moment but we pulled through. The day of the interview came and I was a wreck I was so nervous for him and wish I was there with him throughout the process, he interviewed- he will share his story… After the interview – he was sent to do police record for him and his daughter who turned 18 during the process- he was advised to drop it off at Gore Business Center- wrong information from VO- needless to say he had it the next day and turn up there only to be told the information was wrong. We ended up couriering the information only to receive another email a couple day later requesting more information---sigh his daughter needs to fill declaration and he needs to sign a document—which VO missed- we did that and send it and waited another few weeks--- VO Manager called to apologize and they confirm every time by phone when there was a question or doubt in the last leg of the process.---

Anyhow they had it there for a while as they now needed to do background on my stepdaughter information provided…well it was a long wait in my book but thankfully visa was issued last Friday February 19th and my husband picked it up from DHL on Wednesday. On Friday morning I awoke overwhelmed anxious and bewildered that my wait it now over…last night was my last night sleeping alone…I got to the airport at 6:30pm my husband flight arrive on time.. I parked and went in looking all sexy and ready to see him after not seeing him since July. Folks it was an anxious nerve wrecking moment but thanks to a wonderful friend who knows himself I had emotional support all the way.. I must say the wait was long it seems like many ppl game and went and nowhere was hubby in sight… I prayed and prayed and said God you got me this far let me hold on longer.. at approximately 8:09pm I saw him bust through the doors all smiles like a rock star and almost walk right by me like a pro who has been here before lol.. I called after him and he ran into my arms and we hug and hug some more and then the big whopper... I asked you had trouble? What took you so long – his response I was the first to get through but the immigration lady asked one question how you met you wife and I took shear joy in telling her our fairy tale romance over the years we both got loss the track of time as she keeps saying tell me more.. then what etc… he said finally they caught wind of the time and she said your wife must be worried—let me help you get SIN and walk you out as I am finished LOL….I was like seriously you find woman already babe hehehe…anyways I gave him his coat and we walked arms in arms to the Tim Hortons stand to get him his French vanilla… I said honey take a sip to warm you up before we step out into the cold – he was like no babe – I will have it in the car—I just want to go home with you…Rushing me to get thru the door -- am trying to tell him its cold button up when he briskly stepped out and echo “BUMBO”” when the cold hit him—20 minutes later we were home settled in have dinner and watch a movie together.. then it was time for bed… needless to say I would jump out of my sleep or startled every time I hear his heart beat as I sleep on his chest.. the reality that he is here is so surreal… today hubby got up and went straight to spoiling me—ackee and saltfish and cornmeal porridge that was my breakfast – we spent the whole day going to the mall, flea market—him driving us holding hands and just enjoying each other—at this moment I am listening to his heavy breathing while he sleeps beside me.. Sigh.. I would not change this moment for the world…I have one thing to say – when we go through this drama – remember the journey when things get rough and it will at times and always respect each other and the union—first for me is to concede as no longer the head of my house and giving that right to him so he know he is my king… secondly making sure he knows no matter what life has in store – we ride or die for life.. thanks to all who has advise me and never get jealous of anyone although we can’t help the feeling at times but just push through and allow GOD to work for us..

:p :-X :-* :eek:
i'm happy that your journey is finally over, but i'm also ENRAGED that our government puts its own people through this kind of torture. is this what we're paying taxes for?

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Cece0225 said:
Hey Rolinks,

I know its been awhile and I can understand where your coming from with others getting upset when those who apply after get through first even though they applied later but truth be told its human nature. I can guarantee you 100% that it at least annoyed you or upset you when someone who put in after you gt through before you, were humans we have feelings (it hurts when you have to continue to wait and others are done...the hurt alone being away from your spouse is enough to create hostility and frustration that you lash out on others). If its one thing this process taught me its that even when you are happy or want to be happy for those around you, once you are unhappy its a challenge and breaks you emotionally. When viewing previous trends and stats you would think that PPRs go in order of receipt and that everyone would get PPRs as they apply but this is not the case and this causes depression, stress and marital arguments. For instance I though that apps rec in Feb and March 2015 apps would have been given PPRs in Nov and Dec 2015, yet I had to wait...I waited a whole yr and this is my first app and my last, and look now apps rec from Feb- April is getting PPRs, I guess it begs the question that what was the rush of me putting in my app in Feb if I could have waited and done it in April. Its not out of jealousy but out of frustration and stress, the knowing of waiting 2,3, 4, 5 or more additional months as compared to others. Im not saying that its right nor am I justifying it, I am trying to put it into perspective, a way to look at the other side of which I know you stood on while you waited patiently after all the other 2014 apps go through... but do bare in mind not all cases are the same and no waiting is not easy. Upset feelings and anxiety are reacted to differently by everyone. Nonetheless, congrats on your journey ending and never loose faith!
I understand what you're saying. I am nowhere in this process yet and I know that if I had been waiting a year and everyone else got through if be in my feelings too. I think the point is that no matter how we may feel a little bitter we still need to rejoice with our peers. It's hard for everyone young and seasoned a like. It's hard and sometimes we just need a place to vent. It's a sensitive thing because we can make some feel guilty for being happy and others feel like there's no solace for their disappointment/ frustration

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
flx2015 said:
i'm happy that your journey is finally over, but i'm also ENRAGED that our government puts its own people through this kind of torture. is this what we're paying taxes for?
It is so unfair how long some people have to wait. I understand every case is different and unfortunately a few bad apples has paved a road for others this is why this process is much harder these days. I always had in my mind 10-12 months and i am glad it worked out that way. I know other got threw in 6-9 months in some cases yes i wished it was me but at same time i was happy for them.i try to stay away from negitive energy as much as possible. I believe everything is in God hands so leave it there and have faith all will work out. Saying that i pray PPR next week for you all

marshalee

Aug 6, 2015
MrsMcLaughlin said:
I would do both lol, email them a copy and then send them the original just to be safe :) You might receive a generic response to the email saying it's been added to your file or you might not, but you can always wait a few days after it's been sent and then email them just to confirm they received it!

Also, if you'd like to be added to the spreadsheet can you please let me know when you submitted your application, when you received sponsorship approval, your status in ecas and anything they've requested from you so I can fill everything out? :) Thanks!
Thank you for responding Mrs.M! I really appreciate it :)

Sure, submitted application on August 28, 2015; received sponsorship approval: October 30, 2015; ecas: in process; meds and pr upfront. Started processing hubby's file on Nov 3, 2015

ally89

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KIingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2 2015
Doc's Request.
September 8 2015 & February 25 2016
AOR Received.
April 7 2015
File Transfer...
Either May 29 2015 or June 25 2015
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016
Thanks guys for the warm sentiments and info

Rolink I enjoyed reading your story...so heart-warming and while I may not have been waiting as long as u have, for sure this process has taken a toll on my marriage and I have gotten hurt along the way. At times I wondered if it was really worth it but I never seize praying

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
marshalee said:
Thank you for responding Mrs.M! I really appreciate it :)

Sure, submitted application on August 28, 2015; received sponsorship approval: October 30, 2015; ecas: in process; meds and pr upfront. Started processing hubby's file on Nov 3, 2015
No problem, I've added you to the spreadsheet :)

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Our status in ecas changed to decision made today!! :D

Hopefully this means hubby will be getting his passport back shortly!

Happy monday everybody!! <3

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
MrsMcLaughlin said:

Congrats! I hope a lot of people get great news like that this Week.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
basl_jhjm said:
May i ask why you had to wait since 2012. Just wondering cause i am so scared that i will have to wait that long. I miss him.
My application was rejected because they said our marriage was not genuine. I appeal and won my appeal but I had to wait 2 years just for an appeal date. I am waiting for passport request now!

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
ally89 said:
Thanks guys for the warm sentiments and info

Rolink I enjoyed reading your story...so heart-warming and while I may not have been waiting as long as u have, for sure this process has taken a toll on my marriage and I have gotten hurt along the way. At times I wondered if it was really worth it but I never seize praying
I can feel your pain. I am going through the same thing right now too. I am hoping I can pull through. I just keep praying.

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
MrsMcLaughlin said:

All the best. This is great news :)