+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kids schooling during temporary accomodation?

dctcanada999

Nov 17, 2010
We are planning to land by Jan end at Toronto and will be staying at Safehomestay. We have a 6 yr old daughter who is in 1st grade right now. Will we be able to admit her in the neighboring school for a month or maybe longer till either me or my husband get a steady job and shift to an apartment? Seniors, please advise if it is possible or we would HAVE to wait till we get an apartment?
Thank you
dctcanada999

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it's possible but not sure if it's a good idea.

We had two kids at the moment we arrived (back in 2005) and I can assure you they suffered a lot with every change, although it may no seem like that in the outside. They also have their periods of stress and crisis demonstrated with violence, changes in mood, wet nights, etc.

You may want to think about keeping her with you until your final address is decided. Or looking for something in the same neighborhood so when you move to your final place she will be able to assist to the same school.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts and what'd be ideal. We know "ideal" is not always possible.

Good luck!

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
dctcanada999,

Hi. Can you tell me what you have decided to do? I am in the same situation with a 6 year old son and landing in March 2011. What is exactly the name and address and website if it has of the place you are statying? Weare still looking for a place to stay temporarily.

Thanks.