+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

K.A.:Applicants from India

taurus

Aug 19, 2007
Hi Could anyone from India share their success story of immigrating to Canada? As per the e-client status, my file is "in process"..processing of the file began on June 13, 2003. Application done thru "skilled worker category". How long more do i need to wait ? Would it be advisable to apply for a job in Canada from India itself? Would this speeden up the process? Regards.

ursnicky

Feb 8, 2008
hi,

this is naresh from india working as an IT PRO. even i m trying to apply for Canada. What was the actual process u followed. It would be great if u could share with me.

Thanks in advance,
Naresh.P

taurus

Aug 19, 2007
Hi Naresh

We applied thru an agent. I appeared for IELTS exam and scored a band of 7.5...also pursued french & appeared for a few exams thru Alliance Francaise. After a year of submitting the necessary documents ,we received our immigration file number. Now, waiting for further developments,i.e. medicals, interview, etc. If you are prepared for a really long wait then go ahead and apply.... All the best !

Regards.

Mar 15, 2008
Would suggest having at least 4 years of work experience to maximize your points
After that if you have money, apply for a Masters in Canada. This will give you a training visa there.
On this Visa you can work until an employer sponsors you for a work permit. Then you can apply
for PR. This is the faster way and you can remain in Canada while the process is in progress.