+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
To make things worse, I just checked my GCMS note again and it's seems my criminality clearance will expires in March, 3rd 2021.
Now I can know for sure my wait time has been increased even further. Unbelievable
If you were not requested fingerprints, criminality checks take no time in completion. What's critical here is still the security check, I think it is way to early to think about writ of mandamus at the moment.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
To make things worse, I just checked my GCMS note again and it's seems my criminality clearance will expires in March, 3rd 2021.
Now I can know for sure my wait time has been increased even further. Unbelievable

I have read your previous posts here.

If I were you, I would call IRCC and inform them that you have seen GCMS notes and your criminality has expired on March 2021. Then you can ask if they can send a new fingerprint request at least to have criminality up to date.

I am sure this discussion will trigger a second fingerprint request and will prompt them to complete security clearance quickly.

Good luck and do write back.

Thanks

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
If you were not requested fingerprints, criminality checks take no time in completion. What's critical here is still the security check, I think it is way to early to think about writ of mandamus at the moment.
no I was never asked to submit finger prints. I'm not familiar with mandamus in the context of citizenship, don't really know what it does. Can you shed some light on it please. Thanks

Last edited:

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
I have read your previous posts here.

If I were you, I would call IRCC and inform them that you have seen GCMS notes and your criminality has expired on March 2021. Then you can ask if they can send a new fingerprint request at least to have criminality up to date.

I am sure this discussion will trigger a second fingerprint request and will prompt them to complete security clearance quickly.

Good luck and do write back.

Thanks
Thank you my friend,
I will contact them again next week and bring the expiry criminality to their attention. The thing is I was never requested to submit finger print in the first place, not sure if they will ask this time.

Initially I thought my file transfer request from ON to BC last year contributing to this longer processing time between test and oath, but I received an email response to my fax letter to Hamilton office in December 2020, assuring that I will receive virtual oath from Hamilton office once my application is granted, despite the transfer request.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you my friend,
I will contact them again next week and bring the expiry criminality to their attention. The thing is I was never requested to submit finger print in the first place, not sure if they will ask this time.

Initially I thought my file transfer request from ON to BC last year contributing to this longer processing time between test and oath, but I received an email response to my fax letter to Hamilton office in December 2020, assuring that I will receive virtual oath from Hamilton office once my application is granted, despite the transfer request.
If they did not ask at the beginning, then they will not ask for it. Criminality check will be updated when they deem necessary, it completes in virtually no time to redo it (read the "activity" section on your GCMS notes to understand what I'm referring to).

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
no I was never asked to submit finger prints. I'm not familiar with mandamus in the context of citizenship, don't really know what it does. Can you shed some light on it please. Thanks
I'm not familiar with it either, beside I know that it is a thing that can be helpful if the situation warrants. You can take a look here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mandamus-i’m-a-june-2018-applicant-waiting-for-the-test.668764/post-8368885

Reactions: Isaga

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
This may help?
What can be done if it is taking too long to clear security screening?
If the application has crossed 2-3 months post Review of Eligibility, then the likelihood of it being in security screening is very high. Most security checks are done within 1 month though it can take longer, up to 1 to 2 years, if its in enhanced screening. If it has been more than 2 months since Eligibility Review was “Passed” and security has not yet concluded, then the application may be in enhanced screening.

One can request records from CBSA and CSIS relating to security screening. However, the only way to know for sure if an application is under security screening is through the CBSA notes, as most CBSA notes do not redact security related activities. The CBSA notes will show the status on page# 2 just like the GCMS notes. Additionally, it will also show notes as to when security screening started and if screening has concluded it will also show the date when it was completed.

In cases where the applicant has been waiting for over a year and application seems stuck in security screening you can consider filing a writ of mandamus. A writ of mandamus is a legal remedy in which a federal court forces a subordinate agency (such as IRCC) to act when the processing delay has been “unreasonable.” To be regarded as unreasonable, a delay must meet the following conditions: the delay in question was longer than the nature of the process required, the applicant and his or her legal counsel were not responsible for the delay and the authority responsible for the delay did not provide satisfactory justification.

When contemplating whether to commence a mandamus application, reference should be made to the processing times listed on the IRCC website. Unreasonable delay can only be determined in comparison to average processing times. In submissions, focus should be on normal processing times and how much the processing time in question has exceeded the average, what the applicant has done to ensure that his/her application is complete and well documented, and reasons why the applicant feels that the officer’s explanation for the delay is unsatisfactory.

In this respect, the Courts in most cases have refused to accept departmental backlogs, or staff shortages as reasonable explanations, nor do they tend to look to the system as a whole. Rather, each case is assessed on its own facts. The question often arises as to whether a background or security check constitutes a justifiable explanation for the delay. The Canadian Bar Association (CBA) explains this in further detail here. Also see a related federal court case here.

https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/#ss-timeline

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
If they did not ask at the beginning, then they will not ask for it. Criminality check will be updated when they deem necessary, it completes in virtually no time to redo it (read the "activity" section on your GCMS notes to understand what I'm referring to).
Oh I see I just checked, under "SUB ACTIVITES" shows the "created date" and "updated date" are done the same day.

Thanks for this insight, really appreciate it

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
This may help?
What can be done if it is taking too long to clear security screening?
If the application has crossed 2-3 months post Review of Eligibility, then the likelihood of it being in security screening is very high. Most security checks are done within 1 month though it can take longer, up to 1 to 2 years, if its in enhanced screening. If it has been more than 2 months since Eligibility Review was “Passed” and security has not yet concluded, then the application may be in enhanced screening.

One can request records from CBSA and CSIS relating to security screening. However, the only way to know for sure if an application is under security screening is through the CBSA notes, as most CBSA notes do not redact security related activities. The CBSA notes will show the status on page# 2 just like the GCMS notes. Additionally, it will also show notes as to when security screening started and if screening has concluded it will also show the date when it was completed.

In cases where the applicant has been waiting for over a year and application seems stuck in security screening you can consider filing a writ of mandamus. A writ of mandamus is a legal remedy in which a federal court forces a subordinate agency (such as IRCC) to act when the processing delay has been “unreasonable.” To be regarded as unreasonable, a delay must meet the following conditions: the delay in question was longer than the nature of the process required, the applicant and his or her legal counsel were not responsible for the delay and the authority responsible for the delay did not provide satisfactory justification.

When contemplating whether to commence a mandamus application, reference should be made to the processing times listed on the IRCC website. Unreasonable delay can only be determined in comparison to average processing times. In submissions, focus should be on normal processing times and how much the processing time in question has exceeded the average, what the applicant has done to ensure that his/her application is complete and well documented, and reasons why the applicant feels that the officer’s explanation for the delay is unsatisfactory.

In this respect, the Courts in most cases have refused to accept departmental backlogs, or staff shortages as reasonable explanations, nor do they tend to look to the system as a whole. Rather, each case is assessed on its own facts. The question often arises as to whether a background or security check constitutes a justifiable explanation for the delay. The Canadian Bar Association (CBA) explains this in further detail here. Also see a related federal court case here.

https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/#ss-timeline
Thank you so much, yes this's really helpful. although made feel very concerned and scared now, as my security wasn't complete last time I spoke with IRCC. I feel now my application is under major scrutiny for security.

Definitely it's too early for writ of mandamus, considering IRCC is finishing March 2019 applications now. I will request CBSA notes then, once I figure out how .

Thanks again

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you so much, yes this's really helpful. although made feel very concerned and scared now, as my security wasn't complete last time I spoke with IRCC. I feel now my application is under major scrutiny for security.

Definitely it's too early for writ of mandamus, considering IRCC is finishing March 2019 applications now. I will request CBSA notes then, once I figure out how .

Thanks again
When did you get your GCMS notes? When was the last time you hear anything from them?

Reactions: Isaga

LORDHELP

Aug 13, 2014
india
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-aug-2014
Nomination.....
per 28th nov 2014
File Transfer...
2nd line : processing started on 5-feb- 2015
Med's Request
21-feb-2015
Med's Done....
27-feb-2015, 3rd line:- 10-march-2015, Fbi submitted- 30-April-2015
Passport Req..
13-june-2015
LANDED..........
5-jan-2016 (Toronto)
You can read the subject line of test invite for Scarborough it is SCR and for Mississauga it will be ...
Thank you so much.. it is SCR so its scarborough

anagram

Aug 22, 2013
Still waiting here! They received my application June 21, 2019 and began processing on October 21, 2019. They asked for fingerprints on October 23, 2019 and on November 7, 2019 I had them done electronically. The place I had them done says they send them off for me and I've heard nothing from nobody since. I hate this waiting game; is there no way to determine if the fingerprinting place actually sent the records like they said? Is there no way to determine what the current status is beyond "In Progress?" Have I missed something? It's enough to drive someone insane.

Today I received the email saying I can schedule my online test.

Reactions: vishalv and Hapique

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi,

Need some advice. My application was received in June 2019 and I have completed the online test few weeks before and waiting for next step.

I am from Brampton and the application is processed in Scarbrough office.I plan to relocate to a new location in Brampton after 3 months and may have to apply for change of address after 3 months.

Would change of address within the same location in Brampton will have any impact on my application process since I have already given my online test and waiting for the Oath.