+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job status during citizenship application

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have my citizenship test next Monday in Montreal. I read someone post about his interview experience that the interviewer asked whether he was still working in the same job.

My question: If you lose your job with citizenship application in process, how does it affect your application? I am having a bit of a scare as my company may lay off people soon. I have already started looking for new jobs, but so far not much luck, not even interviews.

Thanks in advance.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have my citizenship test next Monday in Montreal. I read someone post about his interview experience that the interviewer asked whether he was still working in the same job.

My question: If you lose your job with citizenship application in process, how does it affect your application? I am having a bit of a scare as my company may lay off people soon. I have already started looking for new jobs, but so far not much luck, not even interviews.

Thanks in advance.
Your employment status has nothing to do with whether you meet the requirements- don’t worry about this. They just ask that as a routine ... I got that question too and it was no big deal , although I still work for the same company...

Reactions: ski

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
I
I was asked same question, are you still working at "-----'" job, I said I am no more working there. I was not asked any more question about this.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
I
I was asked same question, are you still working at "-----'" job, I said I am no more working there. I was not asked any more question about this.
So did you have another job? And had you informed CIC about changing your job?

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
presently I am not working. If they ask you are working at your previous jobs tell you quit ,unless you are asked don't tell that you are not working.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012

Hi,
your job is not relevant towards the citizenship application and also it's not necessary to inform CIC about changing of your job status.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks everyone. This is what it says on the CIC website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

When to contact us
While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes or if you:

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Do you think there is no need to tell them about this visit or i should update it when i receive Aor
Without AoR they don't know who you are, so it's useless to contact them. After receive AoR if you leave for a month, you have to let them know.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Do you think there is no need to tell them about this visit or i should update it when i receive Aor
Reason they ask u to inform them about leaving canada for longer time is so they do not schedule ur test/interview during ur absence. Otherwise traveling after ur citizenship application is filed has no bearing on ur app as they r only concerned about ur presence during eligibility period. So unless u think u may get test invite while u r away inform CIC else no need to update them of ur travels. This will be an unnecessary bombardment on cic

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Reason they ask u to inform them about leaving canada for longer time is so they do not schedule ur test/interview during ur absence. Otherwise traveling after ur citizenship application is filed has no bearing on ur app as they r only concerned about ur presence during eligibility period. So unless u think u may get test invite while u r away inform CIC else no need to update them of ur travels. This will be an unnecessary bombardment on cic
Thank you, thats what i thought, this post confused me for a moment
Thanks again