+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job hunting on maintained status

May 1, 2023
Hello,

IRCC has basically left my application on read ("We are processing your application...yada yada" for like four months now) and i have been on maintained status since March 10th. I have a job and have been working part time. However, i am not enrolled in the summer semester and will be allowed to work more hours, hours that may current job does not have at the moment, so i wanted to apply for another job (in addition to the current one). I'm sure you realize that my SIN is expired but i am allowed to continue working due to my status.

If i decide to apply for a second job, how plausible would it be that an organization would hire me? Would they be satisfied if i provide confirmation that IRCC has received my application? Is it even possible to hire a staff with an expired SIN despite the situation?

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
Hello,

IRCC has basically left my application on read ("We are processing your application...yada yada" for like four months now) and i have been on maintained status since March 10th. I have a job and have been working part time. However, i am not enrolled in the summer semester and will be allowed to work more hours, hours that may current job does not have at the moment, so i wanted to apply for another job (in addition to the current one). I'm sure you realize that my SIN is expired but i am allowed to continue working due to my status.

If i decide to apply for a second job, how plausible would it be that an organization would hire me? Would they be satisfied if i provide confirmation that IRCC has received my application? Is it even possible to hire a staff with an expired SIN despite the situation?
Hello, information in this page might be helpful: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/after-you-apply.html

May 1, 2023

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
Oh
Thank you so much for the information. However, I wasn't clear in the original post. I am still studying and applying for a study permit extension. I just wanted to know if companies would be interested in an applicant on maintained status.
Oh, now that makes more sense. So basically your study permit has expired and you have applied for the extension and you still didn’t get an approval from ircc and it has been 4 months? that is really odd since that’s beyond the processing time.

It definitely wouldn’t hurt to try applying. I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, but it’s definitely rare for a company to hire someone with an expired SIN. You could just tell the company about your situation and just provide all documents needed.