+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
big question my friend. I resubmitted my application on Jan 19 and still no AOR, nothing.
I am Oct 2019 applicant, app returned because of IELTS academic, when I received I found that CIC already provided application no etc. on top of the form,.
I sent my application and Jan 19, 2020 with corrected IELTS and they received on Jan 23, 2020.

I submitted my M.Sc. medium of instruction to fulfill English requirement. But still I don't have any news. :(

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
You may be right - it's possible that they have separate teams each dedicated to a specific task - checking application for completeness, another for possibly re-arranging the packages to a 'preferred review format', another for batching and sorting cases to go for review and (if they're digitizing them) then a digitization team before it goes into a feeder line to the case review officers.

As for predictions, my guess is that they're probably handling this by lots of a specific size (say, 100 cases per 'lot'), so it's possible (given the mountain of packages they're going through (and assuming there's nothing on the packages themselves to indicate the exact date they arrived at the facility (even though there is a separate record of it in the system that they're not cross referencing when sorting), it's possible that they (the sorters) have a rough idea of when a package arrived, but not the exact date, which would explain why a few slipped through the cracks and got processed along with the February bunch (and then returned for incompleteness as a result). It's either that or they've likely begun 'sorting' the March applications and doing the initial prepwork before the actual review process begins. So effectively, here's what I think is happening:

a) Applicant Sends Package
b) Package is Received at CPC
c) (Speculative Assumption) Packages are then grouped into 'lots' as they arrive.
d) Package is reviewed for completeness
e) (Speculative Assumption) Package contents are hand-arranged in specific order for digitization and review which varies depending on 'Single' or 'Family' applicant
f) (Speculative Assumption) Arranged Packages are then batched into new lots and are prepped for digitization
g) (Speculative Assumption) Applications are digitized
h) (Speculative Assumption) Applications go into feeder queue to be picked up case officers.
This makes so much sense!! I also just saw in the March forum that two applicants had their applications returned because of missing photos. This probably means that their applications were grouped in the same "lot". Probably the photos fell out of the envelop and the agent didn't know they belonged to which application so they returned.
That being said, CIC is definitely way ahead than what we see here on the forum.
Also, I agree with @harirajmohan, probably several agents are on vacation so some of the applications were skipped *sigh*

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
This makes so much sense!! I also just saw in the March forum that two applicants had their applications returned because of missing photos. This probably means that their applications were grouped in the same "lot". Probably the photos fell out of the envelop and the agent didn't know they belonged to which application so they returned.
That being said, CIC is definitely way ahead than what we see here on the forum.
Also, I agree with @harirajmohan, probably several agents are on vacation so some of the applications were skipped *sigh*
but you have to write down your name back of the photo?
when they returned my application on Jan 12, 2020, I noticed my photo was glued on the photo area.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Fundamentally, I think they would (given that the name needs to be put on the back of the photographs to be valid for the application as per their instructions), so pairing it with the right CIT-002 application shouldn't be an issue, so I have no way to explain this unless the photos were misplaced entirely at some point between c) and d) or, it was simply that they goofed and couldn't be bothered to put the effort into figuring it out (which is understandable, even if it isn't frustrating - we aren't being put in front of a mountain of paperwork to sit and do a matching game :p ).

That occurrence kinda furthers my belief that steps c) and e) happen, because I know they do that 'ordered arrangement' for UK Visa applications at the VFS center, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens here also as it is the first logical step to 'standardizing' all incoming applications for either processing or reviewing - by sequencing it correctly.

Reactions: phoenix111

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
I think I put my UCI id. I just complainted that they said they are processing applications before Jan 14 but why we saw applications after got AOR
please share the link for where you submitted your request to them? i think i may just do that as well

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@rssr.canada hey man, can you explain your update on the table you have the test/interview date already. Is it online or offline?
All,
I think that this update would have been by mistake by someone editing the excel and updated it. i dont see any post by him/her on test date.
Also he/she was not posted since Jul 13 and i am seeing this update recently in the past few days or one week hence there is no test and at least this member did not ask someone to update it for sure.

This update is creating unnecessary confusion for many. So can someone please remove that update(test date Sep 02, 2020 for rssr.canada) and once he/she confirms then we can re-update?

Last edited: