+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received - Section 1 - Personal details - Family

batman1989

Nov 21, 2018
Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered already, I tried searching the forum already but didn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I am a solo applicant for PR. My family live abroad and will not be joining me, nor do I have relatives here. I am currently working here and applied under express entry.

I received my ITA a few days ago. I have seen that the ITA application is similar to what I filled out Pre ITA.

Before I received my ITA, whilst I was filling out the form in the section Personal details - Family

For the question:

""We need to know some information about XXXXXX family. Tell us about his/her family.

How many family members does XXXXXXX have? (This includes XXXXXXX, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.)""

I put "1" in the drop down box because I thought it was asking about how many members of my family (including me) are applying for PR.

Now upon re-reading the ITA form I think it's just asking me about my parents and siblings. Is that the case? Do I just list my family members and their locations?

If I put in my parent's and siblings for family history does that mean I have to somehow get medical certificates for them?

Additionally, does the number I put in this drop-down need to correspond to the section:

"""
Please tell us about XXXXXXX immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.

"""

i.e if I put the total number of people in my family as 6 including me then I should input details for the 5 people in my family?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Grizz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered already, I tried searching the forum already but didn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I am a solo applicant for PR. My family live abroad and will not be joining me, nor do I have relatives here. I am currently working here and applied under express entry.

I received my ITA a few days ago. I have seen that the ITA application is similar to what I filled out Pre ITA.

Before I received my ITA, whilst I was filling out the form in the section Personal details - Family

For the question:

""We need to know some information about XXXXXX family. Tell us about his/her family.

How many family members does XXXXXXX have? (This includes XXXXXXX, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.)""

I put "1" in the drop down box because I thought it was asking about how many members of my family (including me) are applying for PR.

Now upon re-reading the ITA form I think it's just asking me about my parents and siblings. Is that the case? Do I just list my family members and their locations?

If I put in my parent's and siblings for family history does that mean I have to somehow get medical certificates for them?

Additionally, does the number I put in this drop-down need to correspond to the section:

"""
Please tell us about XXXXXXX immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.

"""

i.e if I put the total number of people in my family as 6 including me then I should input details for the 5 people in my family?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks
You only do medical for family members who are also applying for PR. Since you're applying alone, you just need to declare all your family as per that list but it's just a declaration. Before ITA in your express entry profile, it was talking about the dependent family who might also be applying for a PR with you.

edwinchia

Apr 23, 2024
Hello greetings
I received my ITA but i am hook at my child's application. The part of family members says i should fill details about family members not included in the application. He is the only child and my girlfriend and I are already included in the application. The form requires details and i am confused if i should still fill in our details when we are already included in the application.