+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there an issue settling in Vancouver for an Ontario Provincial Nominee?

SeanEthan

Nov 19, 2014
Dears,

We are finally landing in Toronto, Ontario this December as a provincial nominee. However, I am planning to get my master's degree in UBC. Is there a holding period for provincial nominees?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
SeanEthan

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
I think you should post this in the correct section for provincial nominee forum.

People on this section may not have an idea for it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a grey area. As a PNP applicant, you should have the intent of settling in your PNP province. If you apply under PNP and land as a PR without having this intent, it could be said that you are committing misrepresentation towards immigration. There is however no minimum time listed that you must stay. Therefore, I would suggest that you land in ON and stay in ON for at least a few months before you move.

SeanEthan

Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for that insight Leon.

jazibkg - you are right, I should've posted it there instead.

Cheers all!

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SeanEthan said:
Dears,

We are finally landing in Toronto, Ontario this December as a provincial nominee. However, I am planning to get my master's degree in UBC. Is there a holding period for provincial nominees?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
SeanEthan
In my opinion I dont think you can move. You may face a problem when applying for citizenship.

I personally know a family who came under Ontario PNP. They moved to prince edward island after a year or so. But they were then advised after few days only to move back to Ontario as it might cause an issue.

And so they returned back.