+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is ther any alternatives for reference letter??

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WHat to do if my employer is not giving me the reference letter on a company letter head with all the details require by CIC. Can I include all these information on stamped government letter head instead of company letter head and submit it for visa process..

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
I have read in another post that people showed proofs (such as email) that the company was unwilling to give work letters. Then the person asked his colleague to write him a letter on job duties, period of employment, etc, and the colleague took a formal, official oath regarding the truthfulness of the information. CIC may accept your colleague's letter as proof.

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary.. Thanks for the info..

But for that first Should I contact CIC and explain my situation???

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
rahulpatel said:
specialmary.. Thanks for the info..

But for that first Should I contact CIC and explain my situation???
You may, but the customer service representatives in CIC telephone hotline usually do not know much.

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
You may, but the customer service representatives in CIC telephone hotline usually do not know much.
Is there any other to contact CIC. By email can I contact and let them know that my employer is not giving me the reference letter..

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
rahulpatel said:
Is there any other to contact CIC. By email can I contact and let them know that my employer is not giving me the reference letter..
You may try to contact, and they may respond after one to two weeks. The answer that they give may or may not be useful. They work close-door.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
It may be useful to talk to a reliable (and probably expensive) lawyer about your situation. They have more experience in dealing with this type of situation. Cheap and unreliable lawyers are likely to hurt rather than help your chance.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if your colleagues whom you worked with earlier have also left the place..??

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
What if your colleagues whom you worked with earlier have also left the place..??
R u facing similar kind of problem??? if u have any solution for this???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahulpatel said:
A notarized self-declaration, along with a letter of explanation outlining all the efforts taken in vain to procure said reference letters, will also serve the purpose as a last resort. Because handing over such a letter to CIC clearly indicates to them that you're sticking your neck out and are willing to risk being found out for any possible misrepresentation on the work experience front and are fully aware that, in such a case, your application can be refused on those grounds. That will work in your favor if all your experience was indeed genuine and you couldn't procure reference letter for some reason or the other.

Of course, always ensure that you provide CIC with enough material (websites, physical address, contact details, key personnel etc) to help them perform adequate background checks in such cases. If there exist NO trace of the organisation at all, send a letter of explanation and hope for the best.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
A notarized self-declaration, along with a letter of explanation outlining all the efforts taken in vain to procure said reference letters, will also serve the purpose as a last resort. Because handing over such a letter to CIC clearly indicates to them that you're sticking your neck out and are willing to risk being found out for any possible misrepresentation on the work experience front and are fully aware that, in such a case, your application can be refused on those grounds. That will work in your favor if all your experience was indeed genuine and you couldn't procure reference letter for some reason or the other.

Of course, always ensure that you provide CIC with enough material (websites, physical address, contact details, key personnel etc) to help them perform adequate background checks in such cases. If there exist NO trace of the organisation at all, send a letter of explanation and hope for the best.
Self declaration isn't allowed sworn or not. It's explicitly stated my CIC. If you check earlier threads you'll find people who have been refused as a result of providing self declaration.

Reactions: Uvr

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahulpatel said:
Yes rahulpatel

But this is for my employment very long back in 2006. Also I did send them an email in which I explained them my role and responsibilities to be inscribed in a letter head. But that became an impasse and I didn't hear from them. And the entire staff has changed since then. But I do have the valid offer letter explaining my title, date of joining, package etc...

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent a mail to ONPNP and explain them that I m not getting reference letter from employer. Let me see what they reply...

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahulpatel said:
I have sent a mail to ONPNP and explain them that I m not getting reference letter from employer. Let me see what they reply...
Is this reference letter related to your most recent employment?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Self declaration isn't allowed sworn or not. It's explicitly stated my CIC. If you check earlier threads you'll find people who have been refused as a result of providing self declaration.
A notarized self declaration as a last resort. Definitely not recommending this as the first line of defense.

And of course such a declaration will be supported by a letter of explanation that highlights whatever documentary evidence one has in the form of job offer letter, appraisal letter, experience certificate, pay stubs, tax filing proof or whatever else one has to validate one's employment with that particular organization. That is the best an applicant can do in such cases where reference letters from past employers aren't forthcoming for whatever reason.

CIC explicitly disallows self-declaration ONLY if the applicant is attempting to do that for the time period while they were self-employed. And they disallow that for obvious reasons.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Reactions: Ayeshaazhar