+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is the gender marker on PR card being different from passport a problem?

littlemckay

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone know if this would be an issue? I'm getting sick of the run around every time I try to call. I am a transsexual in BC and in BC I am considered male as well as in Britain, my place of birth, so ALL my documents, including my passport reflect this. However, immigration are hell bent on insisting that my card say F despite no other documents having this. Without getting into my anger over this madness along with the obvious safety concerns, is having the wrong gender marker on a PR card compared with a passport an issue or is it only if the name is wrong?

I have an international competition I have been in heavy training for coming up at the end of August where I'm supposed to be representing Canada, and I'm due to fly out at the end of August. This has quite frankly become a major issue with potentially a lot of people's time, money and effort going to waste. I sent in an urgent request with travel docs to get this fixed but I don't think it's going to work. I had, prior to receiving my PR card, received an email stating that my card would absolutely reflect the information in my passport, this is why this has become an issue. I addressed this concern over 7 months ago and only just received my PR card. I have followed everything they've told me to do and they frankly lied to me. Is that me stuck in Canada now, unable to ever travel?!

Getting a lawyer is pretty much impossible for me so I could use all the advice I can get. I spent just about everything I had on the CEC application itself and then all the training and means of getting to this competition :(.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Don't worry, you aren't stuck in Canada. You don't need your PR card to return to Canada; you can travel on the strength of your visa-exempt British passport as if you were a visitor. When you get to immigration, you can present yourself as a PR; they will be able to use your passport to see your PR details in the computer.

As for correcting the PR card, if you are being given the runaround by CIC, all I can suggest is that you go to your Member of Parliament.