+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my job on the skilled worker list

samg123

Dec 13, 2008
So i currently work for the Jobcentre as an administrative officer. I have looked through the skilled worker ocupations list and i cannot seem to find any positions relevant to some who works for the civil servcie. Please can some help

KBS123

Nov 29, 2008
I think you should go to this site and look into " To search the NOC " on the left side of the page.

www.hrsdc.gc.ca

Brown eyed girl

Nov 16, 2008
are you in the UK samg123? I work for a local authority as a benefits officer in East London.

We're not on the list mate, seems our skills are not 'important' enough. If you're serious about moving to Canada only way is to try and get job offer/AEO. Easier said than done, as most employers won't give you the time of day if you're outside Canada.

If you have some cash set aside and some annual leave, you'll be better off going over to Canada for 2/3/4 weeks. Try lining up as many interviews as you can before flying over and give it your best shot. Prepare a fantastic CV (resume') and go for the interviews with a big smile, a firm handshake and plenty of determination. Act like you have nothing to lose. Remember at the end of the day it's THEIR loss if they don't appreciate what you have to offer; nobody can take away what you've achieved so far. It would be nice to get a break and be allowed to move to Canada, but it's not the be all and end all.