+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it true or more underrated & overlooked

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have researched and red somewhere that actual, real net taxes on small business in Canada are either equal to or less than in US.
Because Canada has many grants (inlcluding 50% government subsidy on wages if you create a job place or don't lay off someone already employed) and special priveleges for those who open up and run bsuiness in Canada.

If there is no waste and no corruption, and if taxes are imposed and spent wisely, on building infrastructure and assisting those in dire need, then I am not against paying more taxes as I earn more.

After all, there are countries like Somali where you may not have to pay any taxes, but would you want to move to and live in Somali, even if you were fabuulously rich? Would you feel safe and protected where there is no police, no fire department, no emergency healthcare?

What if you got robbed, your house was arsoned and you had burns all over your body and needed imemdiate medical care, with not a single penny in your pocket? What would you do? You had zero taxes prior to that, but would this kind of scenario be ok with you?
I know it wouldn't be ok with me.

Keep in mind that both US and Canada are great countries, two of the best in the world to live in.
Overall I have slightly better opinion of Canada, because I think it is less religious, more atheistic, more rational and less emotionally governed, more calm and gentle in general and less violent, and all those things add up to quality of life, something that no money in the world can buy.

As far as taxes are concerned, I suggest to do some more research to find out what is true income to tax ratio in Canada. It's possible that if you factor all the expenses, including health care costs in US, grants and subsidies for businesses in Canada and so on, you may discover that two countries have nearly similar level of taxation, with Canada being a country with wider safety net than US.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
Canada is a better safety net than US , agree...
But still business is faster and better in US....
Despite high taxes.....it's dynamic....
It can rebound fast from crisis.....jobs are easier to get...
Better business opprrtuinities.....different market every state or region....
There is no better place than the US in the world.....for jobs and opprruinities
Canada is great coz of its social programs....but very peaceful and good people...
Great for families...quality of life....
Depends what one is expecting out of life, I choose US but probably when I have children
I might look at Canada to settle...