+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Irish want to move to canada to join there amred forces.

kseery

Jan 7, 2010
Ireland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I was looking for help with emigrating to canada, I wanted to join their army. I need citizenship before they will take me on tho. I was wondering the best way to do this.? should I try do it alone or get a emmigration consultant to help.?
thanks for reading, appreciate any help.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to www.cic.gc.ca and click on the link to Immigrate to find more information.

You do not necessarily need to be a citizen to join the Canadian Forces; PRs can apply for special permission if the position is in high-demand and not able to be filled by Canadian citizens.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to join the Canadian Forces rather than the Irish or British military?

kseery said:
Hi, I was looking for help with emigrating to canada, I wanted to join their army. I need citizenship before they will take me on tho. I was wondering the best way to do this.? should I try do it alone or get a emmigration consultant to help.?
thanks for reading, appreciate any help.

kseery

Jan 7, 2010
Ireland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheers,thanks for your reply and help.!
I really wanna join the permanet army, always have. Im part of the Reserve army here, Its time to act on it.I'm not getting any younger. The Permanet Irish army are not recuriting at the moment,even if they were. I just want to get out of the country, fresh start. It has nothing to offer me anymore. you might not be aware of Irish history, if u were you would realise that the english army is not an option at all.

You said " You do not necessarily need to be a citizen to join the Canadian Forces; PRs can apply for special permission if the position is in high-demand and not able to be filled by Canadian citizens "

Surly that is not an option for me as I would more than likely but starting at the normal recruits stage.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm quite aware of Ireland's conflicts with Britain. :) The British military does recruit Irish citizens, but I understand that you might have personal reservations against serving in the army of Great Britain.

If you are not able to qualify for an in-demand position in the Canadian Forces you would have to first get PR, then apply for citizenship after 3 years, before you would be able to enlist.

Have you thought of the French Foreign Legion?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
kseery said:
might not be aware of Irish history, if u were you would realise that the english army is not an option at all.
if you are from the Republic of Ireland - I understand you very well: you'd rather fight with English than joining their army - it's out of question. but please keep in mind that Canada is stilled ruled under Queen Of UK power, not fully, but she has a big influence, they even have her image on all the money.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup, Suin is right. All members of the Canadian Forces ultimately serve under and fight for Her Britannic Majesty.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you get Canadian citizenship, you also swear an oath of loyalty to the queen and her heirs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp#oath said:
I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.

kseery

Jan 7, 2010
Ireland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm aware the british do recruit Irish, they even have there own Irish Unit in the english Army. This is not the place for it and I'm not going to go on a rant, but I'd have a personal issue with it, I just couldn't really justify it. Even if I put this issue aside, I want a total change, Moving to England is the same as Living in Ireland really.
My first choice was America to be honest. But its far to hard to get in there.!!
Alot of people told me canada is like america but better.!