+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC survey request after citizenship

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I received my Canadian Citizenship last December.

I received an email from IRCC requesting me to complete a survey regarding my citizenship application experience.

Here are my thoughts/request-

1. I request each and every one of you who got that email, to spend 10 minutes of your time to finish it. Just because we are done with our citizenship does not mean that we should ignore a chance to give feedback and just maybe contribute in a small way to improve things for future applicants.

2. I had registered my dissatisfaction for questions pertaining to the following areas-

a. Processing time
b. Application status check
c. Citizenship fees
d. Difficulty to obtain instruction for the application form (for instance, in my case, I struggled to figure out how to correctly answer Question 9C)

I am sure each of us had some grievances/difficulties during the application process, and this is probably the only way to show our dissatisfaction or register our satisfaction. So please ensure you complete the survey if you receive this email.

Good luck to all the people still waiting for their citizenship!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi all,

I received my Canadian Citizenship last December.

I received an email from IRCC requesting me to complete a survey regarding my citizenship application experience.

Here are my thoughts/request-

1. I request each and every one of you who got that email, to spend 10 minutes of your time to finish it. Just because we are done with our citizenship does not mean that we should ignore a chance to give feedback and just maybe contribute in a small way to improve things for future applicants.

2. I had registered my dissatisfaction for questions pertaining to the following areas-

a. Processing time
b. Application status check
c. Citizenship fees
d. Difficulty to obtain instruction for the application form (for instance, in my case, I struggled to figure out how to correctly answer Question 9C)

I am sure each of us had some grievances/difficulties during the application process, and this is probably the only way to show our dissatisfaction or register our satisfaction. So please ensure you complete the survey if you receive this email.

Good luck to all the people still waiting for their citizenship!
I wish they have negative stars for me to choose from lol

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I loled at the question regarding if I'd want to apply online "next time"...
Yeah nah, done for life.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I loled at the question regarding if I'd want to apply online "next time"...
Yeah nah, done for life.
lol- was that how it was phrased? I vaguely remember the question to be- would you have found an online option preferable?

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I also got an email with the link to the questionnaire yesterday. I was October 2017 applicant who became citizen after six months in April 2018 so you can imagine that my replies were very positive.

Same as the original poster I suggested electronic application filling and more detail insight on the application status and processing timeframe.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got an email with the link to the questionnaire yesterday. I was October 2017 applicant who became citizen after six months in April 2018 so you can imagine that my replies were very positive.

Same as the original poster I suggested electronic application filling and more detail insight on the application status and processing timeframe.
wow- you got a survey request nearly a year after you completed the process?

And it's awesome that your application was processed so quickly!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
wow- you got a survey request nearly a year after you completed the process?

And it's awesome that your application was processed so quickly!
More reason for the rest of us who waited for longer than a year with nothing to give scathing negative reviews once we get there, for the utterly amazing lack of transparency and consistency, and completely unfair practices

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
The question about reasonable processing time was poorly worded. I could select an option for less than 90 days, or another option for 90-365 days. I think 90 days is pretty quick and not really a reasonable expectation, but a full year is too long. There was no way of saying that though, given the choices. Why didn't they have an option for 6 months?

I did enjoy being able to select "very unsatisfied" for the question about the process to check the status of an application. I was hoping to be able to expand on that later but they didn't have a facility for further comments unfortunately.

Reactions: itsmyid

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The question about reasonable processing time was poorly worded. I could select an option for less than 90 days, or another option for 90-365 days. I think 90 days is pretty quick and not really a reasonable expectation, but a full year is too long. There was no way of saying that though, given the choices. Why didn't they have an option for 6 months?

I did enjoy being able to select "very unsatisfied" for the question about the process to check the status of an application. I was hoping to be able to expand on that later but they didn't have a facility for further comments unfortunately.
I agree- I had to choose 0-90 days for the same reason i.e since there was no reasonable options like 3-6 months.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
lol- was that how it was phrased? I vaguely remember the question to be- would you have found an online option preferable?
I can't say what the exact phrasing was, but there was definitely a "prochaine fois" (did it in french) in the question.
Poor wording I'd say.
Also, having got mine in less than 5 months, I was obviously very satisfied and can imagine the strong correlation between the answers they get and the time it takes everyone to finish the process...