+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Permenant Residence renewal NEED HELP ASAP

omaco

Oct 21, 2009
Dear Members,

I have a big problem that relates to my poor mom. She has been crying since yesterday.

She missed her interview which was dated for October 19 , 2009....In the letter it says if you miss the appointment your application will be ceased.

My mom made an address change 2 months ago since we put her house for sale. She made the address change with the call center but the letter was mailed to her old address. The realtor gave me all her mail yesterday and guess what CIC letter was one of them and she missed the appointment by 1 day.

This is just tragic she has been waiting for this over 14 months now. I am quit dissapointent that it even took this long...She has met the requrirments i am not worried about that but i need to know if they will grant her to re schedule again... will they make that exception at least once..

Based on changing her address it was clealry CIC fault not mailing it to the new address which just dissapoints me all together.

I have tried to call the 1800 center so far with no luck and i came across this website.

Please help in any way you can i would really appreciate that

Thanks a lot

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would definitely try to appeal it based on that you had changed the address but permanent resident renewal? You mean she was renewing her PR card? The "interview" was to pick up her new card? And she waited for that for 19 months?

omaco

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply,

The interview was NOT to pick up her new card....The letter says that "based on infomration you have provided you do not appear to have complied with the requirements....letter goes on about Section A28(2)(a)....and (c) that based on compassionate and humnanitiarian grounds they may change it.the interview asked her to bring her passport old and new and fuly completed and signed "client employment & family history form"

but the letter does say at the end....If you do not attend this interview, we will not be able to compelte your residency obligation determination. Your application for a permanent resident card will cease and your application will be declared abandined.

I just hope they will give her a new interview otherwise it would really not be fair to her as she did what she was suppose to do and obviouslt someone at the call center didnt do what they were suppose to do....Do you think they will re schedule interviews in some circumstances,,???

thanks again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you can definitely appeal based on it being their mistake. Maybe you should talk to an immigration lawyer. You can go to your local CIC office and ask them or you can call CIC, you just have to go through the first couple of menu's and then pick 0 for live person. You could also talk to your MP but first thing to do right now is to fax, email and call immigration and request another interview based on her missing her date because they sent the letter to the wrong address.

omaco

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks i will fax them a letter righ away....What i like to know is why are they so strickt on thesse interviews...The intereting part to me is that on the lettr head i can see that the letter was printed on October 2, 2009...Realisticly with the long weekend we had in BC...She would have gotten it around October 10,2009...That would leave her pretty much with 7 to 10 days....To be it is just dissapointing that in such short notice they would treat people. What if somebody happened to be on vacation during that 2 or 3 week time frame...This just doesnt make sense to me...

thanks again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration likes to schedule things their way. When I applied for citizenship, I waited so long I thought for sure they had lost my application. When they finally notified me to come for the test, I knew the date with about 14 day notice. Then for the ceremony, it was the same thing. Since I was planning to travel around that time, I asked about the options of rescheduling the ceremony but was told that was a bad idea. I have heard later that if you try to reschedule anything with them, it can take forever to get another appointment. I hope they give your mother another interview and it wont be too long.