+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry about part time work toward CEC application

jatinjain5678

Jan 23, 2024
Hello everyone
I have some question about my work experience in canada which I will be using for my pr in CEC.
I completed my 4-year bachelor's degree in May 2023, and shortly after, I secured a Tier 2 part-time job in June 2023. I went through the process of obtaining my work permit and got my work permit in july 2023 but already applied in may 2023 and have been diligently working since then. According to my contract, I have a standard 41.25 hours bi-weekly, but by taking on extra shifts, I've been putting in almost 24 hours per week. As of now, I've accumulated a total of 900 hours at my workplace, and I'm eager to explore the possibility of using this job to apply for PR.

I have a few specific questions and would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you can share:

Can I apply for my PR based on the hours I've worked in this part-time job?
2. I anticipate completing the required hours for PR by the end of August. Is this timeline feasible, or are there any considerations I should be aware of ?
I've heard differing opinions on whether part-time hours up to 30 hours per week are counted towards the total required hours for PR. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
So in order for the hours to count towards PR (CEC) you need at minimum 1560 hours or 1 year for full time work. Based on what you described, I doubt that your hours calculation is correct. Make sure it is done this way.
52 weeks (1yr) x 30hrs per week (maximum for CEC) = 1560 hrs
52 weeks x 24 hrs per week = 1248 hrs this would be your best scenario based on the information.
Then measure in weeks, how much more work is needed to get to 1560.

In the mean time, I suggest you consider PNP in your province.

jatinjain5678

Jan 23, 2024
So in order for the hours to count towards PR (CEC) you need at minimum 1560 hours or 1 year for full time work. Based on what you described, I doubt that your hours calculation is correct. Make sure it is done this way.
52 weeks (1yr) x 30hrs per week (maximum for CEC) = 1560 hrs
52 weeks x 24 hrs per week = 1248 hrs this would be your best scenario based on the information.
Then measure in weeks, how much more work is needed to get to 1560.

In the mean time, I suggest you consider PNP in your province.
Hello
Thank you for your reply
if I work 14 more week than my total hr will cross the 1560 mark( 66 x 24 = 1584 hr) Than I will be eligible to apply for my pr based on my part time work experience.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello
Thank you for your reply
if I work 14 more week than my total hr will cross the 1560 mark( 66 x 24 = 1584 hr) Than I will be eligible to apply for my pr based on my part time work experience.
Sounds like you are on the right track. Just keep an eye on the hours worked and make sure you have the proof to show it: periodic pay slips and the employment letter.