+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship - multiple questions

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi there my girlfriend and I are submitting inland sponsorship in August and have few questions regarding the forms. we are common law.

1. UCI Number - previously she applied for the provincial nominee program through an agency. we are not using the agency for PNP. Will she have a UCI number and should we reference this?

2. IMM 5532 - question 9 were there any formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship. We don't have any ceremonies or anything. we are common-law and living together enjoying life. Should this be a concern? What should be put down for this?

3. IMM 5406 - If the applicant is my girlfriend and I am the sponsor (Canadian by birth) do we list myself under the spouse or common-law partner?

4. Chinese birth certificate - do they need to have a photo on them for CIC? Does anyone know? The Chinese are saying that they can attach a photo however she is not there so can't take photo?

5. In terms of submitting the forms. we have over 18 months of joint bills (hydro, insurance, internet/cable) should we submit all of them or just 1 month? A

any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. UCI Number

2. IMM 5532 - question 9 were there any formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship. We don't have any ceremonies or anything. we are common-law and living together enjoying life. Should this be a concern? What should be put down for this?

3. IMM 5406 - If the applicant is my girlfriend and I am the sponsor (Canadian by birth) do we list myself under the spouse or common-law partner?

4. Chinese birth certificate - do they need to have a photo on them for CIC? Does anyone know? The Chinese are saying that they can attach a photo however she is not there so can't take photo?

5. In terms of submitting the forms. we have over 18 months of joint bills (hydro, insurance, internet/cable) should we submit all of them or just 1 month?
1. If she knows the UCI, she can put it down. If not, just leave it blank.

2. Nothing to worry about. Most people don't have a ceremony for common-law.

3. Yes.

4. Unless the China specific instructions state a photo is needed, it isn't.

5. No, don't submit all of them. Just include a selection.