+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Also I would imagine since it is so easy to get AOR, all you need is a complete application. There might be an increase of Fraudulent applications applying just so they can get a work permit....
It's really quite simple:

If a person submits a fraudulent application, the Canadian sponsor should be prosecuted, since s/he would have knowingly submitted fraudulent documents as well!

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Yes AOR is usually mailed to the Sponsor, not the applicant.
But in my case, my wife(applicant) got the AOR, but I (sponsor) did not get anything

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
It's really quite simple:

If a person submits a fraudulent application, the Canadian sponsor should be prosecuted, since s/he would have knowingly submitted fraudulent documents as well!
Yes but it still gives that Applicant a 1 or 2 year Open work permit, no matter where they are from.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Yes but it still gives that Applicant a 1 or 2 year Open work permit, no matter where they are from.
Maybe, but my point was that if the sponsor is `on the hook', they might not be so eager to sponsor someone that's trying to commit fraud.

As it stands now, an applicant that is found to have submitted a fraudulent application (such as a MOC) is simply denied PR and is [likely] deported. With the OWP pilot program, it would be good for the sponsor to shoulder the responsibility by putting themselves at risk of possible charges, if CIC gets burned.

Andrewbcc

Dec 16, 2014
Andrewbcc said:
Hi Guys!

I first would like to wish the bests to all of you with your PR application! In the meantime, I would like to ask this as it starts to concerns me a bit. I submitted an application to sponsor my wife in the mid of August this year, but later they returned our application, asking us to resubmit as we included an outdated form. we resubmitted the entire package with the letter they sent us in early November. However, when I check e-case, it gives an error, basically we dont see anything that says application is in process. is this normal? how long it takes normally for ecase to show something?

The last thing i want to ask about is it still time to apply for an open work permit so that my wife can have an implied status. also want to let you know that we already applied for an extension of her visitor visa, would there be any confusion?

Thank you all for any input!

Can anyone help answering my question above? thank you!

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello,

Has any 2014 applicant heard from CIC besides the AOR?
Nope... submitted July 2nd, AOR August 8th, and nothing since

Can't log on to Ecas either, called CIC rep and they told me apparently it will only show up on Ecas once I see my date on the CIC Processing page... sigh

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
Andrewbcc said:
Can anyone help answering my question above? thank you!
Can't help you with the OWP question, my guess is that if you haven't included OWP app in your initial PR application package to CIC, you probably won't be able to add one now, but what do I know.. cuz I didn't even include one myself (so angry at myself)

as for the Ecas, that's normal.. I submitted in July 2014 and has been getting errors since, basically none of the information is showing up in their online system.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andrewbcc said:
Hi Guys!

I first would like to wish the bests to all of you with your PR application! In the meantime, I would like to ask this as it starts to concerns me a bit. I submitted an application to sponsor my wife in the mid of August this year, but later they returned our application, asking us to resubmit as we included an outdated form. we resubmitted the entire package with the letter they sent us in early November. However, when I check e-case, it gives an error, basically we dont see anything that says application is in process. is this normal? how long it takes normally for ecase to show something?

The last thing i want to ask about is it still time to apply for an open work permit so that my wife can have an implied status. also want to let you know that we already applied for an extension of her visitor visa, would there be any confusion?

Thank you all for any input!
Since she did not include the OWP with the Inland application, she will not benefit from implied status...even if she were to submit the OWP now, which may not even be possible. Many people have stated that the applicant must wait for AIP before submitting an OWP, if it was not included with the Inland application.

There's a new pilot program being launched (soon, apparently) to allow Inland applicants to receive OWP prior to AIP. Check the other threads that are discussing that topic.

Carokaneda

Dec 17, 2014
Hello,

I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet.
Application received: September 30th, 2013
AOR received: 22 October, 2013.
OWP sent with application.

Up to this date, Dec 17th, 2014 I am still waiting for AIP.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm about to get in touch with my MP regarding this wait and I don't want a canned CIC template letter as a response. (Full detail in the new topic, link posted below) I'm trying to collect as many of these template letters as possible to show my MP ahead of time what I do not wish to receive, in the hopes that I get a real response and some real detail (it's a long shot, I know...) If any of you have something that you've received through your MP that you can post, I would really appreciate it! I will share the outcome with everyone.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/generic-cic-replies-to-letters-mp-requests-t259875.0.html

-GFDVCA

Dec 17, 2014
Good morning and afternoon,

I'd also like to be added to the spreadsheet,

Application received: May 23, 2014
AOR received: August 8, 2014
OWP was sent with application.

Thank you for the work on this spreadsheet, it certainly does put things into perspective. Has anyone sent this to an MP? Can we?

Regards
Jennifer

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello,

Has any 2014 applicant heard from CIC besides the AOR?
Actually yes, but its more confusing than good news. I applied in January, my sponsor got the AOR MONTHS later, and then around July, I got an email from CIC to me directly asking for more info based on my Appendix A. They said I have 60 days to get back to them or my application could potentially be refused based on the missing info, and they left me an email address, fax number, and snail mail address. I emailed them whatever was missing but was paranoid if an email was enough, so I called CIC and the call center guy said email should be fine. Haven't heard from them since.

I didn't think they would even look in to my part of the application until my sponsor was approved, got a little hopeful, slightly scared, and now just left in the dark.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really hope by Jan 1st they will release or at least start to put into place the Work Permit granted AOR...

We need some kind of Statement from the CIC ffs.

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
Jamesdavid3 said:
I really hope by Jan 1st they will release or at least start to put into place the Work Permit granted AOR...

We need some kind of Statement from the CIC ffs.
Won't it be great? I'm so hoping it's true. I've been unemployed for almost 5 months now. I sent it my application last month. It will be absolutely perfect if I get my AOR in few months along with an Open Work Permit. I attached a work permit application too.

Ahhhhhh....!!!!

Stress! :'(

eklabooo

Dec 17, 2014
Hi to ALL,

I am new in this forum and currently have questions about spousal sponsorship. I am currently a Temporary Foreign Worker in Alberta, my work permit is valid until November 2015. I am engaged and planning to marry my fiance (Canadian Citizen) in 2 months through a civil wedding. After that he is planning to sponsor me via Inland Processing since we are already living together and I still have my status in Canada until Nov 2015. But when I read the topics here inland takes awhile to get a PR. My concern are the following:

- can we do inland processing as I still have a work permit good until Nov2015?
- if we get married and do inland processing can we go to the Philippines and get married again? Will it affect the inland process and my status as a Foreign Worker?
- which is the better thing to do? inland or outland despite of my current status in Canada.

Please feel free to reply and I will be waiting for your responses as I am worried what to do by February 2015 once I get married. Thank you!

-Kaye