+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Individual PR, Spouse Not Divorced and Not Living with Spouse

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
A further note, based on notices and news just today:

Sabash said:
I am in difficult Condition.

So i m on Conditional PR and get pregnant in March itself after coming here. Now my Husband Blackmail me of leaving me n Divorcing me every other day.
Conditional PR will be officially repealed soon.

While you still have many other aspects of your situation to contend with, you do NOT need to worry about the conditional status of your PR. This condition will no longer apply.

Be aware that, if need be, you will be able to obtain support from the government (and your husband will legally be responsible to reimburse the government). You do have options. Do not hesitate to telephone the help line numbers above to at least get some counseling and advice.

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
Hi
I m in same boat like u and i havent applies for divorce yet and we are living separte from almost 2 years.... m living here in ontario from 2014 and my wife is in India.Even i don’t know where she lives now...the situation is even that worst we dnt want to talk to each other.
Is there any way i can apply for Permanent residence as the cic may ask for medical or some kind of divorce.
Any kind of help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

priithvi

Dec 24, 2018
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation.

I have got the ITA and I am in the process of arranging documents. However, now my wife does not want to cooperate in the PR process and we are headed towards separation.

But, I do not have any proof of filing of divorce as nothing legal has started.

Kindly suggest how to proceed. Should I inform cic now about this as I had filled the EE form by stating that I am married and wife would accompany me.

How was your journey.

I got the following details from th CIC website. You may send a detailed LOE to explain separation by showing social media post, place of residence, bank statements to show no transaction between parties, emails stamps to show no communication for a long period. Things like that would totally work.
Documents related to the e-APR not captured in other fields
Purpose
To allow the applicant to provide IRCC with any other information they feel is relevant to their application
Document requirements
Submission of this documentation is at the applicant’s discretion.
One upload field is provided for each of the applicant, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children, as applicable.
Multiple documents must be compiled and uploaded as a single file.
This should be used to provide documentation to support a declaration of status as “legally separated” (e.g., a letter of explanation, legal documents, etc), if applicable.
This should be used to submit the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual form [IMM 5475 (PDF, 593.57 KB)], if applicable.
This field should be used to provide documentation to support a claim of disability and provision of accommodations (e.g., documentation to support notionalized language test scores for an applicant with physical or mental disabilities who cannot complete language testing in one or more abilities).
Individuals who must submit this documentation
The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their dependent children

San113

Jan 5, 2020
Hi All,
I need some suggestion on my case.
I am a divorcee (legally divorced) after short marriage of 2 months. I would like to know is it better to apply as single status or as divorced?
There are no education on experience documents that shows my marital status.
Does Canada treat divorced applications any different from normal applications?
Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
I need some suggestion on my case.
I am a divorcee (legally divorced) after short marriage of 2 months. I would like to know is it better to apply as single status or as divorced?
There are no education on experience documents that shows my marital status.
Does Canada treat divorced applications any different from normal applications?
Thanks in advance.
You are required to apply as divorced and provide the divorce certificate. The app won't be treated differently.

Reactions: YVR123

San113

Jan 5, 2020
Thank you.. Yes, I can provide the same.
Also, could you kindly advise if I can submit a self declaration for my roles and responsibilities?
I work in a MNC which does not provide any R&R letter.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you.. Yes, I can provide the same.
Also, could you kindly advise if I can submit a self declaration for my roles and responsibilities?
I work in a MNC which does not provide any R&R letter.
No. Anyone could say whatever they wanted if they could self-declare. I believe a letter from a supervisor or co-worker can be accepted but double-check.

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Its my 1st time to send a query, hopefully someone can give me advise on how to proceed.

I already received my stamped visa and COPR. I applied together with my common law partner and children,both of them received there visas and COPR as well, my concern is my partner and i started to be cold to each other due to incompatibility of many things.

my question is do i have to report that he will not join me in canada? or is it ok not to report it po?

We have been living together for 5 years but now due to dispute she is not ready to travel with me . I would like to visit canada alone with my children and get PR.

Can I report that my spouse is not accompanying me due to dispute and I can provide court filing papers as an evidence.

Can I travel after that. Please suggest

thank you in advance for your help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Its my 1st time to send a query, hopefully someone can give me advise on how to proceed.

I already received my stamped visa and COPR. I applied together with my common law partner and children,both of them received there visas and COPR as well, my concern is my partner and i started to be cold to each other due to incompatibility of many things.

my question is do i have to report that he will not join me in canada? or is it ok not to report it po?
You are asking the same question in multiple threads and it is now actually impeding your ability to get useful information/advice. In part, because the information you are providing in each thread is slightly different, even if not intentional.

It's not an easy case. Don't make it worse.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla