+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Included 'O' instead of zero in COPR

praspirant001

Oct 29, 2018
I received COPR letter and noticed that in passport number there is 'O' in the place of zero. But the visa has correct number. Can I change this at Port of entry?
For P01234, it got printed as PO1234

Last edited:

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I received COPR letter and noticed that in passport number there is 'O' in the place of zero. But the visa has correct number. Can I change this at Port of entry?
For P01234, it got printed as PO1234
Submit CSE, and if you're sure it's an "O" and not a zero, ask to resubmit CoPR for correction.
But since visa and CoPR are issued hand in hand, and if visa is correct, I doubt it's an "O"...

praspirant001

Oct 29, 2018
Submit CSE, and if you're sure it's an "O" and not a zero, ask to resubmit CoPR for correction.
But since visa and CoPR are issued hand in hand, and if visa is correct, I doubt it's an "O"...
Yes it is O, may be I included same in my profile. Will it impact anything? Thanks for the reply

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yes it is O, may be I included same in my profile. Will it impact anything? Thanks for the reply
Well if it's an "O" instead of a zero, that makes your info on your CoPR erroneous, and you shouldn't do your landing with such an alleged error on a document that will literally follow you your whole life, even after you eventually get Canadian citizenship.
If it's an "O", that makes your passport number on your CoPR wrong, and that's kind of a big deal.
Contact your local embassy/consulate to see how you can correct it. They will look into. Obviously you've been approved for PR so you have nothing to worry about if it's their mistake. Just don't try to ignore it and just wish for the best... Set the record straight.

praspirant001

Oct 29, 2018
Well if it's an "O" instead of a zero, that makes your info on your CoPR erroneous, and you shouldn't do your landing with such an alleged error on a document that will literally follow you your whole life, even after you eventually get Canadian citizenship.
If it's an "O", that makes your passport number on your CoPR wrong, and that's kind of a big deal.
Contact your local embassy/consulate to see how you can correct it. They will look into. Obviously you've been approved for PR so you have nothing to worry about if it's their mistake. Just don't try to ignore it and just wish for the best... Set the record straight.
Hi, what if it's my mistake. IAM really worried.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi, what if it's my mistake. IAM really worried.
That's where you have me confused.
If it was your mistake for sure from the beginning, you wouldn't have a visa with the correct passport number, and a CoPR with a wrong passport number... Doesn't make much sense. The mistake would have been reflected on all your PR documents.

Plus, document verifications are made during the process, and I can't imagine anyone there approving your PR with a wrong passport number, especially even after you actually provided them with the real passport for visa issuance.