+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In the CBSA report, is there Canada Exit Time?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just entry times...
Canada does not record exits (has no exit control)

flamingteeth said:
In the CBSA report, it contains only the Canadian Entry time?

Or it also contains the Exit time?

Thanks for this.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
daktrader said:
Just entry times...
Canada does not record exits (has no exit control)

If that is the case, I can name my exit time myself.

My point is, for long distance travel, let say from Canada to Asia, it might take more than one day. If I leave Canada on Aug 30 2013 (No exit stamp), and arrive in Asia on Sep 1st 2013 (With entry stamp), my leave time should be Aug 30th 2013.

However, if there is No exit record, Can I say my leave time is Sep 1st 2013, because there is no Aug 30th 2013 thing in my passport...

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
If that is the case, I can name my exit time myself.

My point is, for long distance travel, let say from Canada to Asia, it might take more than one day. If I leave Canada on Aug 30 2013 (No exit stamp), and arrive in Asia on Sep 1st 2013 (With entry stamp), my leave time should be Aug 30th 2013.

However, if there is No exit record, Can I say my leave time is Sep 1st 2013, because there is no Aug 30th 2013 thing in my passport...
Your exit date is the date you leave Canada. even if you reach your destination 3 days later. Check your travel itinerary or boarding passes.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Goldline said:
Your exit date is the date you leave Canada. even if you reach your destination 3 days later. Check your travel itinerary or boarding passes.

I do not have any boarding pass with me (the travel was 3-4 years ago.)

I am curious how it works for the real evaluation? How can they know when you leave Canada? During the interview, they will just take your entry visa time as the time you leave Canada right?

I have asked Air Canada, and they do not have any exit information for me. They only send me a screenshot of my flight number, and not even the take off time.

I think cic will not have any more information than I do.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
I do not have any boarding pass with me (the travel was 3-4 years ago.)

I am curious how it works for the real evaluation? How can they know when you leave Canada? During the interview, they will just take your entry visa time as the time you leave Canada right?

I have asked Air Canada, and they do not have any exit information for me. They only send me a screenshot of my flight number, and not even the take off time.

I think cic will not have any more information than I do.
The airline manifest is shared by CBSA, so they knows when you exit. If you are aeroplan or other frequent flyer member, you can check your records too (but this does not show the take off time).

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
steaky said:
The airline manifest is shared by CBSA, so they knows when you exit. If you are aeroplan or other frequent flyer member, you can check your records too (but this does not show the take off time).
I did have the CBSA record, but there is No exit information there.

So, I suspect that the cic will not be able to get the Exit time either.

Therefore, it will be my sole decision to choose the time when I am out of Canada.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know where are you going with this, but if you are trying to be a smarty and lie about a day or two it's not worth it, there is an international system that tracks every passenger movement, maybe air canada is not willing to of through the hassle for you, but that information is there.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
i have a question

cic request cbsa record to check entries. so why are we worried on exits. I think the CBSA record and passport pages showing all the stamps are used to evaluate a persons 1095 days. so why to confuse and discuss what cbsa reports generates. just get the CBSA report and send to CIC and rest is in their hand to process your application from there. Why are you creating worm hole and series of questions. if you ask CIC how they will evaluate you just on entries then they may think you are over smarting the system and giving them advice. and to summarize never lie. just be fair as you do in your day to day life to your spouse, employer, parents.. whats the rush and hurry to get citizenship just live a normal life and let cic take care and do the processing.

L-Tosh

May 19, 2014
Flamingteeth, I think you are not telling the whole story behind your question or intention so it'll be very difficult to give you an honest advice. One thing, be careful not to play the smart one with the CIC, it might backfire at you!

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
L-Tosh said:
Flamingteeth, I think you are not telling the whole story behind your question or intention so it'll be very difficult to give you an honest advice. One thing, be careful not to play the smart one with the CIC, it might backfire at you!
There's no need to be so suspicious
The guy asked if CBSA records exit. His problem is very clear. He 'left' Canada on day 1, but the trip took 2 days, he was in Hong Kong (for example) on day 3. So during day 2 he was officially and litteraly nowhere.

He doesn't need to provide you with a PhD thesis to make it more clear.

The question is : For CIC (this incredible blackbox full of sh*t and stupidity), when did he leave Canada? You can't officially be 'nowhere'. When you leave a country, you leave it for another one.

I had the same question and I decided to take the physical leaving date (day 1 in my example) to stay safe. But I could have provided day 3 and be sure I was right. It's not a matter of 'playing smart' or 'cheating', but more a matter of being consistent and honest.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
admontreal said:
There's no need to be so suspicious
The guy asked if CBSA records exit. His problem is very clear. He 'left' Canada on day 1, but the trip took 2 days, he was in Hong Kong (for example) on day 3. So during day 2 he was officially and litteraly nowhere.

He doesn't need to provide you with a PhD thesis to make it more clear.

The question is : For CIC (this incredible blackbox full of sh*t and stupidity), when did he leave Canada? You can't officially be 'nowhere'. When you leave a country, you leave it for another one.

I had the same question and I decided to take the physical leaving date (day 1 in my example) to stay safe. But I could have provided day 3 and be sure I was right. It's not a matter of 'playing smart' or 'cheating', but more a matter of being consistent and honest.
admontreal, thanks for this clarification.

Yes, I am not lying or intending to spin around with CIC.

The problem is fairly simple, as admontreal explained. I left Canada on day 1, and arrived in day 2 (Hongkong). In my passport and CBSA record, there is NO information about day 1, and only in the passport there is a day 2 entry stamp.

When I am writing the residence calculation, which day I should list as "date to leave Canada".

In a common sense, it should be day 1, because it is day 1 when I left. However, it brings me some concerns:

(1) I have NO proof of day 1, because there is no record or stamp shows day 1. However, day 2 is on my passport, at least I have some record.
(2) It is a special time, b-24 will come in force in any minute. I like to submit my application ASAP. Instead of waiting another 2 years just because I like to "tell the truth", I think it would be valuable for me to have a try.
(3) I asked all my friends who have already taken the exam and interview, and none of them was questioned in this case, such as "your entry stamp should be one day after your absence..."

Based on (1)-(3), I think it is reasonable for me to declare day 2 is the date I leave Canada.
I would appreciate for your thoughts.

Thanks.

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
CIC isn't stupid. They know how long it takes to fly from Canada to Asia. With your flight number you can easily match arrival and departure time. They can also do that and know that you always lose a day when flying to Asia. Not worth risking an RQ or even that they refuse your application - it's just one day anyway.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
applicant314 said:
CIC isn't stupid. They know how long it takes to fly from Canada to Asia. With your flight number you can easily match arrival and departure time. They can also do that and know that you always lose a day when flying to Asia. Not worth risking an RQ or even that they refuse your application - it's just one day anyway.
I see, but i just like to know how cic works technically on this issue, hehe

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
If they implement exit immigration then RQ won't even happen and processing will be faster