+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Spouse PR staus??

Mac11

Jul 4, 2012
I am a canadain Citizen sponsered my wife& landed in 1995, after 15months i got a job offer from Jordan where i moved to with my wife along with our new born baby (born in canada) for 3 years, then again i had another job offer 1999 moved to Saudi until now i also have 5 more kids born outside canada got there canadian citizen through the canadain embassy in Saudi, my wife is currntly pregnant",, and we are planning to move back to toronto for good. question: what is the status of my wife PR? can apply for her canadain citizen? or do i need to sponser her again or what is the best way for her to travel to canada?
Note: have not got the chance to visit canada since i left (1996).

Regards
Moh'd

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because you are a Canadian citizen and your wife is living with you, her PR is protected. She can not apply for citizenship because she has not lived in Canada for the time required but she still has PR. In order to return to Canada, she should apply for a PR travel document at a Canadian embassy. Once in Canada, she can apply for a PR card.

Have you registered your other children for Canadian citizenship? If you have not, you should do that through the embassy.

Mac11

Jul 4, 2012
Dear Leon,

I would like to thank you for the advise, pls note that all my chlidren got there canadain citizenship, however can you advise the time period to process a travel document and also the validity date so i can plan my trip to Toronto!

one more question pls,, i have been working outside canada with a local saudi company since 1996 till current do i need to file any canadain tax form? how a bout Ontario health care for me and the family....... driver license as well i assume all needed to be renewed?? schooling would it be an issue!

Pls note i am moving back to cananda for good

Thanks in advance
Moh'd

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes to process a TD depends on the embassy so ask the embassy. I hear they are usually valid for 6 months so you can apply a bit early to make sure you have it in time.

Did you tell CRA at the time you moved that you are moving and wish for them to consider you a non resident? If you didn't, you need to clear it up with them as you come back.

You will have to apply for OHIP again and do your 3 month waiting period again before you get your coverage. I assume your drivers license is expired so you would have to renew it then.

I do not think schooling would be an issue because your kids are citizens but you should get a doctor to write down for you which vaccinations they have had and when. As you arrive in Canada, visit a doctor and get him/her to make a vaccination certificate for each child. The school may ask for this.

Mac11 said:
Dear Leon,

I would like to thank you for the advise, pls note that all my chlidren got there canadain citizenship, however can you advise the time period to process a travel document and also the validity date so i can plan my trip to Toronto!

one more question pls,, i have been working outside canada with a local saudi company since 1996 till current do i need to file any canadain tax form? how a bout Ontario health care for me and the family....... driver license as well i assume all needed to be renewed?? schooling would it be an issue!

Pls note i am moving back to cananda for good

Thanks in advance
Moh'd

Mac11

Jul 4, 2012
How do i clear it with CRA; What documents shall i bring with me income statments or maybe employment contracts old passports!....? pls note that i just joined a UK company where i am going to establish a branch in canada and US Hope CRA will not be an issue!!

assume US should not be a problem to travel frequantly as travelling time is short however Do i need to apply for a UK PR since i will be travelling a lot there sometimes needed to stay more than 3 months?

Regards
Moh'd

/

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mac11 said:
How do i clear it with CRA; What documents shall i bring with me income statments or maybe employment contracts old passports!....? pls note that i just joined a UK company where i am going to establish a branch in canada and US Hope CRA will not be an issue!!

assume US should not be a problem to travel frequantly as travelling time is short however Do i need to apply for a UK PR since i will be travelling a lot there sometimes needed to stay more than 3 months?
I suppose you will call, fax of mail CRA, tell them when you moved away, that you have not been living in Canada and are about to move back. That you have not been filing taxes since years and then ask them what you should do.

If you need to stay in the UK on business for more than 3 months, you need to talk to the UK embassy about what kind of visa you need to apply for.