+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status: If I stop studying do I need to leave the country? permit (PR application submitted)

MiaGrace

Nov 27, 2016
I'm confused about 'implied status' and can't find definitions anywhere. Thanks in advance if you are able to help. My situation:
I have been residing in Canada on a Study permit, since Jan this year.
I have applied for PR (FSWC), in April this year, so from within Canada.

I am not feeling good about my course of study and so considering withdrawing. What would be the implications of this? Would my implied status still be valid?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm confused about 'implied status' and can't find definitions anywhere. Thanks in advance if you are able to help. My situation:

I am not feeling good about my course of study and so considering withdrawing. What would be the implications of this? Would my implied status still be valid?
Applying for PR does not grant any form of status. If you are going to withdraw from your studies, you need to apply to change conditions and extend your stay as a visitor.

Reactions: MiaGrace

akash06f

Star Member
May 23, 2013

you will be fine