+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration: Mission impossible?...

mivic

Apr 10, 2008
Hi. I live with my girlfriend in Israel and we've been planning on moving to Canada for quite a long time. The problem is that none of us is a skilled worker and the highest education each one of us has is high school.

Now, I know that I could get education here, in Israel, get work experience for a few years and then immigrate as a skilled worker. But that would take too much time. So my question is.. is there an option to get education in Canada and stay there?

By the way, the international student program is not much of an option for me either, unless I get a work permit to pay the school and food expences.

Well, anyway. What are my chances?

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Well, your subject line shows that you have already understood your limitations for immigration. However, you may try to come to Canada as a student first. For this you have to proof that you are capable of paying the tuition fees. Canadian embassy visa officer will want to see that you are financially capable and you have intention to leave Canada after graduation. These are the vital conditions to give you a temporary residence visa.

However, once you are in Canada as a student. You can start working part-time to gain experience. And wait two years. Then apply for immigration.

These are just my opinions.

Wish you good luck.

mivic

Apr 10, 2008
So you're saying I gotta collect as much money as I can get and show it to them, and if it's enough, they'll accept me? What about work permits? Is it possible to earn at least part of the money needed, already in Canada?

Thank you

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Money as much as possible was meant to show your funding for education in Canada. Once you are in Canada, after 1 or 2 semesters of study you can apply for work permit. They will allow you to work 20 hours per week off campus in the regular semesters. And you can work full time in the summer break and during other occasional breaks.

Thank you.