+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if pnp immigrant move to other province, can it affect for applying citizenship

arora82

Jul 22, 2012
Hi
I landed PR in Manitoba under MPNP .

Can i move to other province before 2 years ?

Will it affect for applying citizenship or PR renewal ?

Anyone have any link related to above matter?

With thanks

Reactions: Rachelwang

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
I had similar case where I got PNP from Ontario and later have to move to BC in 2 years time frame.

Now with my citizenship application so far everything looks ok.

but in my case i got PR after after coming to canada.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arora82 said:
Hi

With thanks
You can move anywhere you want

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
arora82 said:
Hi

With thanks
A starting point for discussion is section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Commonly known as the Canadian Charter or the Constitution Act, 1982, it is a series of legislative enactments dating back to the birth of Canada in 1867 that provides Canadians with basic rights in relations with government at all levels and binds all provincial/territorial legislative assemblies in Canada including the federal legislature, the Parliament of Canada. Section 6 provides permanent residents and Canadian citizens with the right to live and work in any province in Canada.

Section 6 reads:
Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
to move to and take up residence in any province; and
to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

Reference: http://www.immigration.ca/en/immigration-wiki2/43-canada-immigration/168-mobility-rights-of-canadian-permanent-residents-under-provincial-immigration-programs.html

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arora82 said:
Hi

With thanks
My friend moved from PEI to Ontario. He got PR through PNP. Every year he was given a small questionnaire from PNP asking his details. You can move from your current province if you have a better job offer from some other place. This will not affect citizenship. My friend's citizenship application was processed smoothly in 8 momths

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
My friend moved from PEI to Ontario. He got PR through PNP. Every year he was given a small questionnaire from PNP asking his details. You can move from your current province if you have a better job offer from some other place. This will not affect citizenship. My friend's citizenship application was processed smoothly in 8 momths
They can ask whatever they want, it doesn't mean anything for the PR. They do it for statistical purposes and future planning.

WiseGuy711

May 30, 2015
Where you geographically are can affect your application, especially if you move from a city with an office to another one without. Also in the sense that if you need to transfer to another office, then it takes time, sometimes months for it to be done and there will be no progress, no work done on your application from the originating office. But hey if you gotta go, you gotta go ! ;)

avjas3007

Dec 24, 2015
Deepak K said:
I had similar case where I got PNP from Ontario and later have to move to BC in 2 years time frame.

Now with my citizenship application so far everything looks ok.

but in my case i got PR after after coming to canada.

Hi Deepak,

Any update on your citizenship. I hope it went well. Could you ahare your experience. That will be really helpful and a case study for newcomers like me.