+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

darshanmodi

Jul 30, 2018
@cansha please evaluate

In the future it is expected that there will be a higher proportion of old people than the younger people in many countries. Is this a positive or negative development?

It has been forecasted that in the upcoming time there will be more number of elderly people as compared to young people in many countries. In my opinion, this is a negative development as it will hurt to tax collection and productivity at work.

Firstly, the more number of senior citizens in our country will have deleterious effect on the annual tax collected by the government. Post retirement, people start receiving pension and hence this brings their contribution towards the taxes at a standstill. A recent report, for instance, by Times Now stated that the people in the age group 25 - 60 years contribute to approximately 72% of the total tax accumulated. In such scenario, it will become an arduous task for the government to focus on other infrastructure developments due to reduction in taxes.

Secondly, the less number of young generation will have detrimental effect on the work. To illustrate, a senior person with doddery cannot work at the same celerity as compared to a person in his 20's and 30's. For instance, a person aged 35 will take approximately half an hour to correct a 10 page Word document, whereas a decrepit old man will take around more than an hour. This simply denotes that, there has to be a balance of both young and old generation or else it may have dire consequences on a country's economy.

In conclusion, more number of aged population than the young is a negative development and will hit the collection of taxes and outcome at work.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha am registered for IELTS on 9th Feb 2019 , followed your tips and guidelines and came up with essay . Please if you can proof read and share your feedback it would be great.

Topic: In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result
of eating too much fast food. It is therefore, necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this
kind of food.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Answer

Take care of formatting while posting essays for review.
People’s wellbeing is affected due to consumption of more fast food in few areas of the world. However,
I do not agree that raising the tax on fast food by government is a solution. This essay will discuss why
higher tax on these products is not a solution.
Weak introduction and has almost all the issues that have been discussed in this forum many a times. Spend a little time on the other reviews. Stop using the line in red. It is very similar to the sentence which is literally #1 on this list here http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-tips-sentences-to-avoid/

Also just at a glance your BP1 is longer than BP2. Keep your essay balanced.

In today’s world we are choosing unhealthier options like burgers or sugar rich foods more often. One of
the causes being as they are available at a lower rate than healthier options,
causing our health to
deteriorate and giving rise to issues such as high cholesterol, diabetes and other heart problems.

The reason price of these products is less, because subsidies are provided to farmers for selling meat to
these establishments while no subsidies are provided for fresh foods leading to disparity in prices. It
seems like raising tax on these products and driving up the price will be an obvious solution. As in many
counties like US, Britain a huge healthcare Budget is spent each year on people who might be ill due to
their poor food choices. Therefore, it makes sense that they cover their medical expenses by paying
higher taxes.
I seriously can't understand the message in above paragraph. It is really messed up. And there are issues with sentence structure and English.

But we also need to consider that it’s the lower income population who is eating these food products That's a big assumption
more compared to wealthier people as they cannot afford fresh products. To this socio – economic
group fast food is more readily available at a price they can pay. The food for them is a necessity and not
an option.
In conclusion, imposing higher taxes on these products will lead to more poverty and starvation which
will not benefit anyone.
Very weak conclusion. I'm sorry but this is a very weak essay.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha , @H0peAndFa1th Please help me with evaluating this essay. Hope you could spare some time from your busy schedule.

Topic - Even though organic fruits and vegetables are more expensive than conventional fruits and
vegetables, they are worth the extra cost.
Do you agree or disagree?
People prefer to pay the extra cost for organic fruits and vegetables in spite of them being costlier. In my
opinion, it is not worth paying more for them. Often they aren’t any more nutritious or delicious than
conventional fruits.
Ok good.

Usually organic fresh produce does not look appealing in stores. More often they do not look as fresh
and tasty as conventional ones and they do not offer any more nutrients either. So I get the argument in bold but I don't know the relevance of them looking fresh. Those sentences make no sense to me.

An organic fruit or vegetable has same level of vitamins as the conventional ones Ok good argument

with only difference being the coating of chemicals on conventional fruits and vegetables. This line makes me eat organic more. May be tone it down a little bit.

Once the conventional fruits and vegetables are washed they are at par with their organic counterparts and tastes taste just as good. Therefore, why pay an
extra price to acquire organic produce. So nothing wrong as such but this is not really formal writing. So may be write. Therefore, one should not pay an extra price to acquire organic produce.

Lower cost also means you can consume more quantity of
conventional fruits and vegetables at the same price. Good
Some people argue that consuming organic produce leads to better health. But, many studies indicate
that we should have some intake of dirt molecules in our diet as it builds up our immune system to
different toxins that surround us. Not all the places have availability of organic fresh produce and when
we visit a place where we don’t have an option of it, we would like to be sure that our body has a strong
immunity and digestion system for conventional local fruits and vegetables available.
So first paragraph is clear. This is again ambiguous. And I have said this in many reviews before if you are writing an agree / disagree essay like this. The POV you disagree with write that first and then show how the view you agree with is better. So flip these two paragraphs.

In conclusion, organic fruits and vegetables have no added benefit compared to conventional fruits and
vegetables and paying an extra price for them is not justified.
Please write atleast 2/3 lines in conclusion. One line conclusions are recipe of disaster. This one is better than previous one but has all the issues that have been discussed in lots of detail in the past

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Friends i would need you help to evaluate my letter:
Topic :
Your local hospital has advertised people to do unpaid work helping at the hospital. You would like to do some work at the hospital in your free time.

Dear Sir/Madam ,
My name is Sana khan, i You need I capital here am a resident of hertfordshire, H should be capital. Its a name England. I am writing to you as i again I needs to be capital came across an advertisement given by the hospital where on could do some unpaid work to help out at the hospital. Just say volunteering opportunity. I wanted to let you know that i am very interested in this opportunity as i would like to do as much for the community as i can.

Why are your I messed up?

I have recently finished exams for my degree and awaiting results. Therefore,i have quite a bit of free time on my hands and plan to utilize it in a productive & efficient manner. That is why i decided to pursue this endeavour. I don't have any medical knowledge but i have worked as a receptionist during my previous summer break and therefore i am skilled at taking care of front desk and guiding people on their next steps.

I am able to start work next Monday 21st June. I can work for 6 hrs a day all weekdays .Please feel free to reach out to meif you have further queries. My contact details are mentioned at the bottom. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Ms. Sana Khan

Content is okay but too many grammatical errors. You need to be more careful in writing than this. This seems like a lame effort

Johnmic

Jan 31, 2019
Spend next two days reading more reviews if possible. May be go back some 20/30 pages on this thread. :: I am very much on this suggestion before my exam. Should i write now too or just grab the feedback from review?

So most fun doesn't have risk but some part of fun has risk? Why use such ambiguous language. Easily avoidable. Do i have to be logical while presenting my point as this is not my knowledge test, I suppose I can follow and explain whatever I feel like regardless they are releavent..Please enlighten.

The main reasons and Furthermore, there are a few reasons why these activities :: this has been suggested by my trainer who is checking my essays.

EX :
The main reason why I believe these sports should not be
banned is because rules and training are: https://www.ieltsanswers.com/ielts-writing-types-essays.html

Now, I am confused which structure to follow, please guide.

I am working on spelling , sentence structure and irreleavent words.

Thanks for helping.

I’m already in Canada but i alreafy dim ielts exam in Philippine but I failed the exam got 6 only is it mandatory to retake again even i’m already in canada ?

bolz

Feb 1, 2019
Hello @cansha @H0peAndFa1th I am new here but i am really impressed by the amount of work you put in this to help people out. God bless you.

Please can you help review my essay? and suggest areas for improvement. My Exam is on February 9th. Thanks

QUESTION: Some believe that teaching children at home is best for a child's development while others think that it is important for children to go to school. Discuss the advantages f both methods and give your own opinion

ESSAY

It has been argued that a homeschooled child has the best chance of development than a child learning in a school environment. Although both sides of the argument have their merits, I believe that learning in a school is more beneficial for a child's growth and development because, in addition to school work, it offers an opportunity for social interactions and understanding of routines.

On the one hand, some people think that educating a child at home enables the provision of a more personalised form of learning. In other words, more attention can be paid to the specific educational needs of the child. For example. if a child has a problem understanding mathematics, customised lessons can be planned over a period of time to directly tackle the issue. Furthermore, homeschooling a child supports a lot of flexibility in the learning process. This is particularly beneficial to children born into families who travel often or have other important commitments.

On the other hand, it is believed by some that learning in a school environment is important for an effective learning process and I agree. This is because in addition to educational lessons, schools provide a suitable environment which supports social interactions with other children. For instance, children make friends and learn to share toys or snacks with others while learning at educational centers. Another reason why learning in school is beneficial is that it helps a young child understand the use and need for schedules and routines. Moreover, the structured nature of most educational institutions introduces children to the concept of planning and time, as programs are carried out as scheduled.

In conclusion, while people may vary in their opinions, I believe that learning in school is the best form of educating children because, in addition to educational lessons, they are exposed to social interactions with their peers and routines.

Thank you for your help.

Aug 4, 2015
Hi Cansha, Please can you take sometime out to give your valuable reviews, I have tried to not repeat the same silly errors which i made in my previous essays. hope to hearing from you soon.

Some people think that the teenage years are the happiest times of most people’s lives. Others think that adult life brings more happiness, in spite of greater responsibilities.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Many people feel that adolescent phase is the most joyful period of humans’ life while some believe that adult life means more pleasure. Although, both stages of life are most significant phases. However, in my opinion, teenage is more fun filled than adulthood in various aspects and some of them are being discussed through this essay.

Evidently, the current lifestyle of people has become very hectic and stressful. Owing to that, happiness has vanished by and large. Therefore, the only time which is enjoyed the most in life is teenage. For example – a fifteen years old boy has no big responsibility on his shoulders in terms of earning money to look after his family. In addition, no such accountability to answer anyone about any critical work assigned unlike in corporate jobs & business. Moreover, during teenage, kids have plentiful time & friends to spend cheerful time while playing various games without too much thinking of clock ticking.

On the contrary, adulthood has large responsibilities. However, during this phase of life people enjoy the liberty to take decisions by themselves unlike in childhood. For instance – an adult can plan a vacation with friends whenever & wherever he wants to. Further, an earning man with adequate earning source could buy a product which entice him without seeking anyone’s permission. Lastly, a grown up man can contribute to society financially & physically.

To sum up, teenage and adulthood are two imperative times of life. And both stages have their own ways to live happily. However, in all likelihood, I would reiterate that adolescent could be more enjoyable than adult seeing no responsibilities toward anyone as such.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey Folks,

I know I have not been able to review all essays in recent times. I did review a few today and plan to finish all others, hopefully, in coming weekend. The issue is that I see all the same mistakes which have been discussed many a times in the past. I understand that you all want a review of your own essay and it is probably time consuming or boring to read other essays but trust me that is the best way to learn and avoiding same mistakes again.

Anyways, I think I was repeating same things again and again in my reviews and hence I have decided to write a post on common mistakes I see in essays here and something you all should be careful about.

1. Introduction: What do I mean when I say weak introduction in my essay reviews? In IELTS introduction is probably one of the most important things and IELTS expects you to write your introduction in a certain way. And it is imperative to follow those unwritten rules for IELTS essays

1.1. Always write a paraphrase line for the topic

1.2. When can you write a generic line in introduction: Write a generic line in the introduction only when the topic line is too short. Sometimes in IELTS topic lines are short and just paraphrasing that line will result in a very short introduction para. In such cases you can open the essay with a generic line and then paraphrase the topic line.

1.3. DO NOT bring in new facts to paraphrase line: So, paraphrase line is just that. Paraphrase the topic line completely and do not bring in either new facts or your opinion in that line. Use the next line to do so.

1.4. DO NOT use the line “This essay will discuss … blah blah”: This line is literally #1 on this list here and should not be used in your essay. http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-tips-sentences-to-avoid/

1.5. DO NOT say there are a number of reasons or there are various reasons …. And then just state 1 or 2 to back up your argument. This is true for opening of Body Paragraph 1 as well.

1.6. DO give a glimpse of your essay in introduction: If you wish to make your essay better / unique always give a glimpse of your essay in the introduction. Basically, if you agree to something give a reason why you think so. And then use the same points to expand in the body paragraphs and make sure to use the same order.

2. Body Paragraphs: Here are some of the common errors I see in body paragraphs which should be avoided

2.1. DO NOT use “…… and I agree”: Many times I see essays where first line of BP is “Some people say …..blah blah blah …(basically repeat of topic line) …., and I agree”. This is such an abrupt ending of the first line. And anyways do not repeat the topic lines again and again. Your opinion should be established in introduction and then come straight to your points in BPs.

2.2. DO NOT use “In other words ….”: This is a personal pet peeve of mine. My opinion you are harming your own essay by writing such a line. You are basically telling the examiner oh I gave an argument and then I will repeat the same argument “in other words”. There is no need to do such a thing. Avoid it!

2.3 DO NOT have one body paragraph longer than other: Well I'm not saying they need to have exact word count but when someone looks at an essay one body paragraph should not look considerably longer than the other. This shows either unbalanced arguments or bad paragraphing.

2.4 DO NOT use "This has profound social and economic impacts":
I have lost count of the essays which claim that the topic under discussion has impacts on society and economy. Well, almost every topic can have that line. Just have a look around in this forum and you will see almost every 2nd or 3rd essay using this argument. This argument is stale. Be more original.

2.5 Structure for whether you agree with option A vs option B:
This is a feedback I have given in almost every review of an essay where question is asking you whether you agree with Option A or Option B. I think a better structure is to write body paragraph for option you disagree with. So, let’s say you agree with Option A. Then write first paragraph about option A and why some people may like it. In the end of the that para write how option A lacks in some areas. Now in body paragraph 2 use those points and show how option B has almost all the advantages of option A but also covers the areas where option A lacks. This I think is a much safer structure to follow.

2.6 DO NOT use sentences like "There is no doubt ...", "It can not be denied that ....", "It is a well known fact that ....", "There is no secret that ...." and all such variations to make an argument. This is also one of my pet peeves. Remember IELTS is looking for your opinion. You may think something is well known but it may not be so. Also, in addition you need to build an argument and not assume something is a universal truth. If you don't agree Liz also has a variation of this on her list #8. http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-tips-sentences-to-avoid/

3. Conclusion: Just like Introduction para IELTS has unwritten rules on how a conclusion must be written. IELTS expects you to revisit all the main points of your essay again in conclusion. The common mistakes to avoid are:

3.1. DO NOT write 1-line conclusion: This can be fixed easily. Please do not write 1-line conclusions. You really need to be a brilliant writer to pull it off. So, please just write at least 2-3 lines in conclusion.

3.2. DO NOT bring new facts / arguments in conclusion: You’re supposed to revisit facts / arguments you already discussed and write them in a different way.

3.3. DO NOT write same lines as introduction: Do not make conclusion another way of writing your introduction paragraph.

I will possibly add more to this post as I remember more common errors and point to this post in my reviews so I’m not repeating myself again and again.

Hope this post helps the current aspirants.

Last edited:

maddy89

Jul 25, 2015
Hey Folks,

I know I have not been able to review all essays in recent times. I did review a few today and plan to finish all others, hopefully, in coming weekend. The issue is that I see all the same mistakes which have been discussed many a times in the past. I understand that you all want a review of your own essay and it is probably time consuming or boring to read other essays but trust me that is the best way to learn and avoiding same mistakes again.

Anyways, I think I was repeating same things again and again in my reviews and hence I have decided to write a post on common mistakes I see in essays here and something you all should be careful about.

1. Introduction: What do I mean when I say weak introduction in my essay reviews? In IELTS introduction is probably one of the most important things and IELTS expects you to write your introduction in a certain way. And it is imperative to follow those unwritten rules for IELTS essays

1.1. Always write a paraphrase line for the topic

1.2. When can you write a generic line in introduction: Write a generic line in the introduction only when the topic line is too short. Sometimes in IELTS topic lines are short and just paraphrasing that line will result in a very short introduction para. In such cases you can open the essay with a generic line and then paraphrase the topic line.

1.3. DO NOT bring in new facts to paraphrase line: So, paraphrase line is just that. Paraphrase the topic line completely and do not bring in either new facts or your opinion in that line. Use the next line to do so.

1.4. DO NOT use the line “This essay will discuss … blah blah”: This line is literally #1 on this list here and should not be used in your essay. http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-tips-sentences-to-avoid/

1.5. DO NOT say there are a number of reasons or there are various reasons …. And then just state 1 or 2 to back up your argument. This is true for opening of Body Paragraph 1 as well.

1.6. DO give a glimpse of your essay in introduction: If you wish to make your essay better / unique always give a glimpse of your essay in the introduction. Basically, if you agree to something give a reason why you think so. And then use the same points to expand in the body paragraphs and make sure to use the same order.

2. Body Paragraphs: Here are some of the common errors I see in body paragraphs which should be avoided

2.1. DO NOT use “…… and I agree”: Many times I see essays where first line of BP is “Some people say …..blah blah blah …(basically repeat of topic line) …., and I agree”. This is such an abrupt ending of the first line. And anyways do not repeat the topic lines again and again. Your opinion should be established in introduction and then come straight to your points in BPs.

2.2. DO NOT use “In other words ….”: This is a personal pet peeve of mine. My opinion you are harming your own essay by writing such a line. You are basically telling the examiner oh I gave an argument and then I will repeat the same argument “in other words”. There is no need to do such a thing. Avoid it!

2.3 DO NOT have one body paragraph longer than other: Well I'm not saying they need to have exact word count but when someone looks at an essay one body paragraph should not look considerably longer than the other. This shows either unbalanced arguments or bad paragraphing.

2.4 DO NOT use "This has profound social and economic impacts":
I have lost count of the essays which claim that the topic under discussion has impacts on society and economy. Well, almost every topic can have that line. Just have a look around in this forum and you will see almost every 2nd or 3rd essay using this argument. This argument is stale. Be more original.

2.5 Structure for whether you agree with option A vs option B:
This is a feedback I have given in almost every review of an essay where question is asking you whether you agree with Option A or Option B. I think a better structure is to write body paragraph for option you disagree with. So, let’s say you agree with Option A. Then write first paragraph about option A and why some people may like it. In the end of the that para write how option A lacks in some areas. Now in body paragraph 2 use those points and show how option B has almost all the advantages of option A but also covers the areas where option A lacks. This I think is a much safer structure to follow.

3. Conclusion: Just like Introduction para IELTS has unwritten rules on how a conclusion must be written. IELTS expects you to revisit all the main points of your essay again in conclusion. The common mistakes to avoid are:

3.1. DO NOT write 1-line conclusion: This can be fixed easily. Please do not write 1-line conclusions. You really need to be a brilliant writer to pull it off. So, please just write at least 2-3 lines in conclusion.

3.2. DO NOT bring new facts / arguments in conclusion: You’re supposed to revisit facts / arguments you already discussed and write them in a different way.

3.3. DO NOT write same lines as introduction: Do not make conclusion another way of writing your introduction paragraph.

I will possibly add more to this post as I remember more common errors and point to this post in my reviews so I’m not repeating myself again and again.

Hope this post helps the current aspirants.

Hi Cansha,
Thanks for your detailed post. I think I almost went through all the pages and learned a lot.
I could see how passionate you are about the language.

In your common mistakes, I am not very clear about your point 2.5, maybe I am missing the context. Do you mean to say that we should write opponents view in body para 2? Literally, I understood whatever you have suggested in that point, but since this approach is new to me, I would like to make sure my understanding is right.
If it's not too much to ask, can you please refer this point with any of the essays you think is a perfect example of this?

Besides, if you could post any of your sample essays for every type, it would be of great help. (I mean, which you would have written for practicing when you gave the exam. I tried to comb through pages to find one of your essays but not able to.)

Else, it will be useful if you link the old essays which follow the right structure.

Again, I would like to thank you. It's a tremendous help for the aspirants.

Reactions: Temilade

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
In your common mistakes, I am not very clear about your point 2.5, maybe I am missing the context. Do you mean to say that we should write opponents view in body para 2? Literally, I understood whatever you have suggested in that point, but since this approach is new to me, I would like to make sure my understanding is right.
If it's not too much to ask, can you please refer this point with any of the essays you think is a perfect example of this?
The example was on this page .. just a few posts above.

Review: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7563199
Original Essay: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-88#post-7534604

One more example:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-84#post-7501765

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-84#post-7503549

Reactions: H0peAndFa1th

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha

Please evaluate my writing task 1 for GT. Thank you in advance.

"On a recent holiday,you lost a valuable piece of jewellery. Fortunately you have travel insurance which covers the cost of any lost or damaged items.

Write a letter to the insurance company that

1) What item you lost
2) Explain how you lost it
3) Tell the insurance company what you would like them to do"

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to make a claim of for my watch that I lost last week when I was on my holiday. Good setting the tone in the very first line.

Let me recount the whole story, No need for this phrase.

My wife bestowed me a silver plated Fossil watch, model FW335 worth $3000 on my last birthday. How is this relevant for insurance company really. Think if you lost something will you just give them item details or give them the history of who gifted you and when. This is a formal letter. Keep it on point.

As the watch was costly, I bought the insurance from your company (insurance number - AB234532) which includes, lost and damages of valuables. I have attached the purchase receipt with this for your reference. This is good just get rid of personal story and this was relevant.

I was on my summer holiday last week, and stayed at The Grand Hyatt hotel. I wore the same watch on my holiday. As I like to swim, I remove removed my watch and put it on the side table near hotel's swimming pool. After about an hour, when I return returned back to get the watch, I found it was not there. Suddenly, wrong word I lodge the complain to the hotel manager just add immediately end of this sentence instead of suddenly at the beginning. Although I stayed 7 days at the hotel, I was unable to found find my watch.

Hence,I would like to make a claim of for my lost as I have great emotions attached with it. So, please provide me the detail details of claim process, and kind of documents required as well.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully
Mr Sandy Patel

So decent effort. But there are too many errors in grammar. And I think you can keep it simpler. In terms of task response you have covered everything needed. So good job there. The grammar errors should have been avoided. Somehow your tenses are all mixed up. You are narrating a story in past tense but using all present tense verbs. Take care of that.

All the best!

maddy89

Jul 25, 2015
Thanks a lot. I get it now.

I think I might not have written this below essay with all the instructions you provided. However, this one, I wrote long back before I went through all the suggestions. Next time, I will make sure to correct myself before posting anything here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-89#post-7547126

One advise I would like to get from you on this is, I am deliberately reducing my sentences length to improve the coherence. Can you please suggest whether it's appropriate when you review this essay?

I went through others essay posted here, and I feel that my vocabulary is not anywhere near to band 7. I know that you would not suggest band but just curious to know your view on this so that I can concentrate on deliberate vocabulary learning.

Thanks for your help.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Please, if you have free time, point out my mistakes and also score my last essay.
Thanks!

Government investment in the arts, such as music and theater, is a waste of money. Governments must invest this money in public services instead.

To what extent do you agree with this statement??

The way in which governments use public funding is a matter of controversy. Please do not use this sentence on IELTS. This is #4 on this list http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-tips-sentences-to-avoid/ And I have shared this list many a times here. Not sure why no one reads it. Controversy is a bad word for IELTS.

It is argued by some that major investments should be done in ameliorating Wrong word choice public services rather than in arts (music, theater etc.), since there is no palpable Good word choice benefit from it. I partially agree with this statement as both issues Need a better word here. may be "both areas / avenues or something better" These are not issues these are areas of possibly investment should have equal resources.

There is no doubt Again something I have said many times before not to use this phrase. I will add this to my list. But this is similar to #8 on this list http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-tips-sentences-to-avoid/
that by having modern, efficient and good public services (hospital, schools, roads, and the like), the quality of people's life would definitely be better.

For instance, if educational centers are properly equipped, with top-notch teachers, our kids would receive an excellent education. That is why, public administrations always allocated a significant amount of its budget to this area each fiscal year.

On the other hand, Again an old feedback if you don't use on the one hand before this looks out of place

recreational activities are an intrinsic part of human being. It is an indispensable area not only for entertainment purposes, but is the main way to trigger creativity and imagination, particularly in children. Spain, aware of this undeniable fact, during the last 10 years has set apart a quarter of its annual finances to enhance theaters, music halls and gallery arts to offer a breadth of artistic activities and events to its citizens. Okay

In conclusion, although it is true that governments should pay special attention to public services as they are one of the way of measuring the living standards of a nation, it is also true that arts, in all its expressions, is also factor of that equation, and as such should be also should also be taken into account.

Overall the essay is a decent effort but has all the common issues that have been discussed here many times in the past. So, if you think those points are not valid for you than it is a different matter. Other than that there is nothing bad or exceptional in the essay. Problem is it is difficult to predict how the examiner will treat it on exam day. Depending on an examiner I think this one can get 7.5/7 or a 6.5. So, difficult to say.

All the best!

Reactions: Jimmy_McGill