+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS TRF and improvement

dude

Jun 12, 2009
Dear All,

(1) Does anyone know whether the original IELTS TRF can be obtained back, in case of rejection. If we need to apply again we will require it again.

(2) Is it possible to club two IELTS test results to get maximum points in language ability. For eg. If we took the exam again and if we were not able to maintain the earlier score for all topics but was able to improve a particular topic which had a lower score in the earlier test, then can both results clubbed to attain maximum points?

Can anyone share their knowledge regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dude said:
Dear All,

(1) Does anyone know whether the original IELTS TRF can be obtained back, in case of rejection. If we need to apply again we will require it again.

(2) Is it possible to club two IELTS test results to get maximum points in language ability. For eg. If we took the exam again and if we were not able to maintain the earlier score for all topics but was able to improve a particular topic which had a lower score in the earlier test, then can both results clubbed to attain maximum points?

Can anyone share their knowledge regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep
1. No they don't usually send the IELTS back.
2. No you can't club 2 results together.

PMM

dude

Jun 12, 2009
I was asking if we appeared for the test again and if we culdn't manage to get individual 7.5,6.5,6.5,6.5 for getting full 16 points(first language), can we club two IELTS results. Like, if the first test is having scores 7.5,6,6.5,6.5 and the second test is having 7,6.5,6.5,6.5, can we club it and use?. Is it specified somewhere by the immigration department that we cant use it like that if both exams taken within the same year.

If they don't sent the original IELTS TRF back then how can we reapply? In my case, I was told that you can reapply.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not club two or more IELTS together. This is explained at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf on page 22 under section 10.4

Note: Points for the applicant’s language proficiency are generally awarded according to evidence
provided at the time the application is made. However, if further study, training, or testing is
completed and documentation submitted between the time of application and the time of
assessment, officers will use the most current results to determine point allocations. In terms of
designated language test results, officers will NOT select the highest score for each language
ability from a variety of test score submissions.
It is always the most recent group of tests that will
be considered by officer as it is the most current assessment of the applicant’s four language
abilities.

dude

Jun 12, 2009
I got the answer for my query from

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf on page 22 under section 10.4 .."Note" para.

Thank you so much Leon.