+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS SCORE + SPOUSE POINTS

Paki

Feb 14, 2009
Hi all,

Need your expert comments on the following issues.

I applied in 2006 under skilled worker and took IETLS test last year (May 2008). I did not submit results. My score is L=7.0, S=7.0, R=6.0, W=5.5. I m getting 10 points by new system.

1)- My case will be considered under new points evaluating system or old ??
2)- If by old system, then how many points I can secure with this result?
3)- Could anyone send me the link for old point system (for English point System)
4)- I am not adding my wife's case, at the momnet, and she is gradute with 14 yrs continuous study. Can I secure 4 points under that category ?? or her case (fee and form) must be submitted then I will get point under spouse category?

I know I have asked so many questions. But only I can say THANKS in advance !!

Awaiting.

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
Your IELTS will be considered according to the old system and therefore you will be earned 12 points as follow:

1. 4 points for speaking
2. 4 points for listening
3. 2 points for Reading
4. 2 points for writing

I hope this information help

Cheers

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
You can't claim points for your wife's education when she is not included in the application.

Since you applied before 28 Feb 2008, you are going to be assessed under the old system, and based on the information you provided you score 12 points as someone else mentioned.

I am not an expert.

Good luck

V

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paki and Zaidkhalid:
For your Information: Read the statement below. I guess even those who applied before the new rules will be treated according the new rules i.e awarded points for (IELTS).
Note: Visa officers should also assess applications and test reports which pre-date November 28, 2008 against the above correlation table if it is to the applicants advantage, i.e., resulting in more points for language proficiency.

To see the table download op06e from the CIC. There is a a link to it on this forum. I'm sure because I downloaded it via a link from this forum.

Extracted/Taken from op06e.PDF page 25.

[size=10pt]Disclaimer:
This has nothing to with my views and opinion and is not my statement.I am not an Immigration Expert.
[/size]