8/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/10/2013
Passport Req..
2/04/2014
LANDED..........
I PRAY, HOPE n DREAM I will land in 2014
PLEASE... I NEED HELP!!!
I just took my IELTS GT... I was in shock with the reading part.. at the beginning I thought I was good with time when surprise.. I couldn't even finish to read the last article so of course no idea about the questions.

PLEASE.. ANY SUGGESTIONS. I saw people finishing the reading part like even 20 min before of the time... HOW COME??? I know some people don't even read the article just looking for the answer but they are very tricky making you think is the right answer only because have same words as the question.

PLEASE NEED TIPS!!!

nks0007

Jan 2, 2012
Hi piscespao,

I can understand your problem. I am not the expert or teacher, but I took my IELTS GT test recently and based on that, I can give you some advices.

1: There are 3 sections in test, therefore, try to adhere strategy of 10-15-25. This 10-15-25 is nothing but the division of total test time in 3 blocks to complete the test. In this way you will get 10 mins for revision at the end.

2: Read English newspapers (Especially The Hindu and/or Business Standard) as much as you can. Reading involve skills like skimming and scanning (grasping key points quickly and marking them) and you need to hone such skills if you want better band score in reading.

3: Its not advised to read twice and thrice. Therefore, you need to understand the meaning of what you are reading.
4: There is no alternate solution of hard work and hence you need to practice a lot, especially your Gray areas.

All the best for your exam...

Narendra

IELTS Helper

Feb 29, 2012
Want to succeed in the IELTS test? You must learn how to use your time wisely. As you probably know the IELTS test has four sections. The listening section takes about 30 minutes during which you have to answer 40 questions. That means you get less than one minute to answer each question. Other sections are equally demanding. So how does one improve one's chances of doing well in the test?

In the IELTS test each question counts the same towards your final score. That means you must never waste extra time on any particular question. If you can't answer a question within the time span allotted for it, you must quickly move on to the next question. Sure, the questions are not of the same level of difficulty. That means you will be able to answer some of them in much less time. Use that extra time for answering those questions you skipped earlier.

In the reading section you will be given two passages for reading. The passages are not in the order of difficulty. If you spend too much time on the first passage, you will have to rush through the second passage. Don't give in to the temptation to pause and figure out the hardest questions. That is hardly worth your time because all questions carry the same weightage.

Pace Yourself

Don't forget to wear a watch to the IELTS test. Check the time after every few questions and make sure that you are on schedule. You have a little over half a minute to answer the questions in the listening and reading sections. Monitor your progress continuously against the clock or your watch.

If you are behind schedule, you will need to speed up, but don't panic. Guessing is fine, but don't guess at random choices. Read the questions quickly and a see if you can eliminate one or two answer choices. That is usually possible.

If you find any question particularly difficult, skip it right away. You are less likely to get it right anyway. Remember that your goal is to answer the maximum number of questions within the allotted time. If you have time at the end, go back and finish the questions that you had left behind.

Slow down a bit if you constantly find yourself ahead of time. You are more likely to catch careless mistakes by working more slowly.

Scanning

Don't waste time reading the passages in their entirety. You are not supposed to completely the understand the passage. All that you need to do is to scan the passage and get a rough idea of what it is about. You can return to the passage for each question, so there is no need to memorize it

Planet IELTS Helper
Planetielts.com

leo4bilal

Mar 16, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC ISBD
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
14-Feb-2012
Med's Request
15-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
22-Aug-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Sent after medical on 28-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2012
LANDED..........
In sha Allah on 11th-Dec-2012
One must have an eye on two questions at the same time ,,,, don't stray in the passage finding just one answer,,,, Underline your key words in the questions (atleast two at the same time --- in this way if you dont manage to find the first but possibly you will find the answer to second question and ultimately it will save your time !!! ) then attempt to hit those keywords in the passage....

It isn't necessary to be aware of the each and every word in the passage,,, you are free here to predict things conceptually when you are entangled with those words you never heard or know the meanings ...!!!

You are neither required to understand the whole passage nor it is the test of your knowledge ,,,,, just take it as you are just there to provide the answers to the questions !!!!!

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
still i believe there is a trick, and no one is answering that. actual technique to hack it . is there any smart guy out there to decode it . ... :D