+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ielts expiry

leslie_jane

Sep 6, 2009
hi to everyone. i already took the academic ielts last may 2008 and will expire next year of 2010 since ielts is valid for 2 years. when i read the cic module guide in applying for fsw, it was stated that the ielts result that should be forwarded to visa office should not be more than 1 year. is my ielts result still valid? can i use my ielts result in assessing myself in the application form? should i take the ielts again? one of the agency here in the philippines said there is a new update from canada stating that there is no need to take the ielts again as long as you completed your application before your ielts result expire. please advise. thank you so much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

leslie_jane said:
hi to everyone. i already took the academic ielts last may 2008 and will expire next year of 2010 since ielts is valid for 2 years. when i read the cic module guide in applying for fsw, it was stated that the ielts result that should be forwarded to visa office should not be more than 1 year. is my ielts result still valid? can i use my ielts result in assessing myself in the application form? should i take the ielts again? one of the agency here in the philippines said there is a new update from canada stating that there is no need to take the ielts again as long as you completed your application before your ielts result expire. please advise. thank you so much.
1. It is only valid if it is taken within one year of the application. So if you applied for Immigration prior to May/2009 it is still valid.
2. If it is no longer valid, you should take the general ielts as that is what CHC/CIC wants.

PMM

leslie_jane

Sep 6, 2009
thank you very much PMM.. i really appreciate it.. So i'm going to take ielts again, this time the general one.

SHRY

Sep 28, 2009
hi dear i have a ielts test but my band score is not good enough iam going to take it again can you help me in this matter how to inprove my bandscore and incase you not get it there is any possibillity to except for imagration

the_don

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
File Transfer...
24-12-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
destination...Vancouver
let me share my experience.

I think I had similar case with you. My application for FSW was received by CIC Manila on Nov 2004, with IELTS results dated July 2003. So it 1 year + 4 mos when received by CIC Manila. What's good though was that my result was 7 in all bands. What I had to do then, together with my application package, was to make a letter explaining the IELTS expiration and I defended in that letter that I should not be asked to sit for another IELTS exam since essentially the IELTS result per se expires only after 2 years.

In March this year, I was asked by the embassy to submit updates on my docs and I did not submit new IELTS results. After 2 months, I got a letter for medical exams and RPRF from CIC Manila. It also mentioned that interview was no longer necessary. I'm now waiting for the next notice, hopefully request for passport.

I think if you're score is not sufficient, and if the 2nd year of your IELTS result will be close to the date you'll submit your application, take the exam again. Anyway they have lowered now the IELTS requirement to 6.5.

Good Luck!!!!