+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need your help please..

mimo123

Feb 10, 2015
hello All,

Actually i had left Canada when i was 14 years old on 2010 due to critical family issues, and when i become 19 years old i decided to return to Canada so i had applied for a PRTD and i started contacting some universities there.
I got the PRTD approval from my country(embassy) since i was a minor when i had left Canada. So now i had arrived to Canada since 2 weeks ago and i have some question i need your help with please,
1st: Basically i can't apply for a new PR card until i live in Canada 730 days right or is there special cases who left Canada when they were minors?
2nd: If i don't apply for a new PR card and stay in Canada there 730 days, so when i will apply to a University or getting a Credit card or...etc and tell me about my PR card what i will do in this case? Is there an Alternative card that i can apply that i can use in there 730 days until i can get my PR card?
Note that i'm now in British Columbia province.

Thank you in advance,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimo123 said:
hello All,

Actually i had left Canada when i was 14 years old on 2010 due to critical family issues, and when i become 19 years old i decided to return to Canada so i had applied for a PRTD and i started contacting some universities there.
I got the PRTD approval from my country(embassy) since i was a minor when i had left Canada. So now i had arrived to Canada since 2 weeks ago and i have some question i need your help with please,
1st: Basically i can't apply for a new PR card until i live in Canada 730 days right or is there special cases who left Canada when they were minors?
2nd: If i don't apply for a new PR card and stay in Canada there 730 days, so when i will apply to a University or getting a Credit card or...etc and tell me about my PR card what i will do in this case? Is there an Alternative card that i can apply that i can use in there 730 days until i can get my PR card?
Note that i'm now in British Columbia province.

Thank you in advance,
The only time you need a PR card it to return to Canada, you dont need it for anything else. Your COPR is your proof of your PR status.

If your PRTD was approved then you may be able to apply and receive a PR card. Were approved only because you were a minor when left or were there other reasons?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
The only time you need a PR card it to return to Canada, you dont need it for anything else. Your COPR is your proof of your PR status.
No, he needs a valid PR card in BC to get his driver license. His COPR is not acceptable.

mimo123

Feb 10, 2015
Thank you for the reply,

but i get the approval in the PRTD because i was a minor when i left Canada and due that i want to continue my studies in the university and not because i stay in Canada the last five years 730 days so how i can apply to a PR card and i'm not eligable for it(the 730 days point)?
Some people that to stay in the same side you have to apply after you meet the RO.
And i have another question if i get the approval of the PRTD and enter Canada and i dont apply for a new PR only after 730 daysmy status in these 730 days is a PR eventhough that my PRTD will be expired after a month?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
No, he needs a valid PR card in BC to get his driver license. His COPR is not acceptable.
True and weird.